• 56(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Version 0.6.0 is the highest compatible version with Gotham right now. That is what should be in the repo. 1.0.1 is cleared for Helix only. There are some differences that would cause each version not to work with the other. If for some reason Gotham users are getting 1.0.1 from repo updates please report back here, I can check with XBMC devs on why that would happen. From what I can tell 0.6.0 is the one in the repo via mirrors.xbmc.org.
(2015-01-05, 23:54)robweber Wrote: Version 0.6.0 is the highest compatible version with Gotham right now. That is what should be in the repo. 1.0.1 is cleared for Helix only. There are some differences that would cause each version not to work with the other. If for some reason Gotham users are getting 1.0.1 from repo updates please report back here, I can check with XBMC devs on why that would happen. From what I can tell 0.6.0 is the one in the repo via mirrors.xbmc.org.

Yes... that is what happened to me -- I noticed an "Available Update" in Gotham v13.2 for the BackUp addon - of course I chose to do the update, not knowing it was v1.0.1, and not knowing v1.0.1 was 'Not' compatible with Gotham v13.2 -- and for the last few days I couldn't figure out why my Backups were completing in about 1 second and were a "Very' small file size, and could not be used to do a 'Restore'

When I had noticed you mentioned the difference in the Backup versions 0.6.0 for Gotham and v1.0.1 for Kodi, I figured out what was causing my issue

Thanks for your help!
How do I stop XBMC v13.2 from automatically updating the backup program addon from the compatible v0.6.0 to the non-compatible version 1.0.1 (Which is for Kodi and 'Not' for XBMC)

I just turned on XBMC and noticed it was doing an automatic update to the backup addon v1.0.1... and of course XBMC will not back up now -- I'll have to manually uninstall v1.0.1 and reinstall v0.6.0

So, with that said... can someone tell me how to disable/stop XBMC from automatically update the Backup addon

Or better yet... hopefully the Devs will fix this, and allow XBMC to 'only' use the compatible backup v0.6.0 -- and only allow Kodi to use the backup addon v1.0.1

Thanks for any help
You could do a "rollback" from the addon configuration screen, I don't think it will re-update it a second time automatically if you've done a rollback, although I could be wrong. Try it, and restart XBMC and see if it auto-updates a second time.
I've been scratching my head on this and think the issue might actually be my fault. When submitting to the repo I did designate "Gotham" and "Helix" for the different versions, however I didn't realize I also needed to change the xbmc.python import in my addon.xml file. I've just updated this and issued a repo pull. I'm hoping this will tell the addon utilities in Kodi that the Helix version cannot be installed on Gotham. Sorry to everyone with this issue.
(2015-01-06, 21:59)gibxxi Wrote: You could do a "rollback" from the addon configuration screen, I don't think it will re-update it a second time automatically if you've done a rollback, although I could be wrong. Try it, and restart XBMC and see if it auto-updates a second time.

Thanks, but I had no idea how to do what you suggested... so I backed up the 'many' program and video addons I used in Gotham v13.2, upgraded to Kodi, which uses the backup v1.01 and restored the XBMC backup to Kodi and all is well now

I even found an alternative to the few channels that I used in iLive, which is currently having issues... in Highway's Navi-x channel/offering

I finally have a 'working' version again of XBMC (Actually Kodi now) that I'm very satisfied with

Thanks again for your suggestion

(2015-01-06, 23:32)robweber Wrote: I've been scratching my head on this and think the issue might actually be my fault. When submitting to the repo I did designate "Gotham" and "Helix" for the different versions, however I didn't realize I also needed to change the xbmc.python import in my addon.xml file. I've just updated this and issued a repo pull. I'm hoping this will tell the addon utilities in Kodi that the Helix version cannot be installed on Gotham. Sorry to everyone with this issue.

Thanks for the explanation, and hopefully a fix to those who are still using XBMC

In my case, the 'Fix' for me was to upgrade to Kodi/Helix (as explained in my previous post)

And again, thank you for your time and effort in creating the Backup addon... it has certainly saved myself and many XBMC/Kodi users a lot of time when needing to reinstall XBMC/Kodi, or simply installing it on a new set up of XBMC/Kodi on a new device
using this addon for the first time and have 2 asks:

1. When I filled in the path, I used \\servername\sharename\folder syntax and kept getting a "destination not writable" error. Took me 10 mins before I twigged and tried adding smb: in front of the path (I am backing up to a Windows machine). Having some prompt in the addon (path syntax validation?), or note in the first post of this thread, that you need to prefix the path with a smb: or nfs: or whatever might help others.

2. Any chance of adding OneDrive support? There seems to be some python packages/modules already available - https://www.bing.com/search?q=OneDrive+p...23c4c72fb2
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
(2015-01-05, 16:12)robweber Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 23:35)spinmaster Wrote: (...)
Can somebody tell me where that logfile is created (or which log is meant exactly) to pick up that auth url?

The URL is in the main xbmc log file. Looks like you are using OpenElec so something like /storage/.kodi/temp/xbmc.log.

Thanks - found it! Smile
(2015-01-09, 08:05)AnthonyB Wrote: using this addon for the first time and have 2 asks:

1. When I filled in the path, I used \\servername\sharename\folder syntax and kept getting a "destination not writable" error. Took me 10 mins before I twigged and tried adding smb: in front of the path (I am backing up to a Windows machine). Having some prompt in the addon (path syntax validation?), or note in the first post of this thread, that you need to prefix the path with a smb: or nfs: or whatever might help others.

2. Any chance of adding OneDrive support? There seems to be some python packages/modules already available - https://www.bing.com/search?q=OneDrive+p...23c4c72fb2

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at maybe adding some better info on how to correctly enter the path information. In a nutshell this addon is using Kodi's built in file system so any path you type would need to be the same as when adding it as a source - so all the types are listed here: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_media_source_types

I'll look at the OneDrive information you posted. I'm currently about 90% of the way done with a Google Drive implementation. In general as long as libraries can support basic file commands like listing directories, making directories, uploading, and downloading files it can be done. Not sure if you're a coder or not but branching the github repo and then taking a look at the vfs.py class would have the info you needed. This is where the file I/O abstraction occurs. You'd just need to create a new python class and implement the correct wrapper methods for your library. When starting a new implementation from scratch I've found it's best to create a new python project and get everything working before trying to add it directly to the addon, it makes debugging a lot easier.
I am new to Kodi and I downloaded the latest version but I could not find xbmc backup from these steps. Is there another way I can do this?

Settings
Add-ons
Get add-ons
XBMC/Kodi add-on repository
Program Add-ons
XBMC Backup
Install
REDIRECT Add-on:Backup

***********************nvm i found it.. its called backup now.. i was looking for xbmc backup
I am trying to set up to dropbox. I have the dropbox key and dropbox secret. When I select backup I get a script error. Any ideas. I am following this guide

http://www.trevorayers.com/backup-restor...ackup-add/
(2015-01-12, 18:28)mslugga35 Wrote: I am new to Kodi and I downloaded the latest version but I could not find xbmc backup from these steps. Is there another way I can do this?

Settings
Add-ons
Get add-ons
XBMC/Kodi add-on repository
Program Add-ons
XBMC Backup
Install
REDIRECT Add-on:Backup

***********************nvm i found it.. its called backup now.. i was looking for xbmc backup

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll edit the first post on this thread to reflect that. With the name change to Kodi I thought it best to just use "Backup" as the name with Helix.

(2015-01-13, 04:39)ed_davidson Wrote: I am trying to set up to dropbox. I have the dropbox key and dropbox secret. When I select backup I get a script error. Any ideas. I am following this guide

http://www.trevorayers.com/backup-restor...ackup-add/

Nice guide, haven't seen that before. The Dropbox instructions are missing the section on linking the account with your Dropbox though, check the Dropbox section of the README file. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/b...README.txt if you still get script errors please post a debug log.
Hello robweber,
today I have installed Kodi 14 (before I used XBMC 13.2) and I tried to restore the backup I made in XBMC.
First I have received a message that the backup was done in different version of Kodi and then it was running.
However, it didn't restore my movie library.

Is that known bug between the XBMC and Kodi backup/restore, or is it something new?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
I don't get prompt regarding the Dropbox URL Authorization.
I uninstalled the addon, didn't delete the backup folder in the userdata folder. Then I reinstalled the addon and I got the URL auth box and then everything worked.

I have put Kodi on several devices for friends. My question is. Would it be possible for my friends to restore from dropbox using my app folder? If so then I could push out (upload) backups to dropbox and they could then restore with dropbox.
How would this work.

Great addon by the way, have needed to use it lots.

Regards.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10