[XBMCbuntu] how to re add a deleted video
Long story short. In XBMC library I deleted a TV episode because some of the info was wrong due to having some files mixed up. The file still physically existed on my HDD. I then hit update library but XBMC would not put the show back into the library. I went and cleaned up the database and still no dice. All my episodes are named 1x02 format. So I renamed the file s01e02 and XBMC picked it up and put it in correctly.

My question is, what could have I done to get XBMC to add a file I deleted from the library without having to rename it?
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
The easiest thing to do is to:

1. Files-mode view your library.
2. Drill-down to the folder(s) that have episodes, but are not in your library. Episodes not in your library in this view will be listed as their file names, and not as their clean episode titles. They also will not list SD/HD/etc.
3. Activate the [C] menu and choose Episode Information. This will cause XBMC add the file to its library, re-reading any localized media center files or let you choose to refresh from the Internet. When this completes, the episode listing will now show the episode name instead of the file name, with SD/HD/etc.

HTH. I accidentally ran in to this issue before and this was the easiest solution I could come up with. Editing the database was not quick/easy, and reloading my entire library was not an option.
bash, batch, and perl scripter
Running XBMC 11.x on W7U64 (previously 10.x on ATV1)
Thanks I appreciate the answer.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] how to re add a deleted video1