Help programming Logitech Harmony 300
Hi all.

I just came over to XBMC from Plex, and I've been scanning these forums and the Wikis for the past three days trying to figure out how I can transplant a few simple commands to XBMC, but I'm only more confused than when I started.

My Logitech Harmony 300 is correctly set up to control Plex, but the only command I've been able to get working in XBMC has been turning subtitles on/off (F6 button).

Here's what I've got in my remote.xml in userdata:

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<universalremote>
<F1>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Movies)</F1>
<F2>XBMC.ActivateWindow(TVShows)</F2>
<F3>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Music)</F3>
<F4>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Pictures)</F4>
</global>
</universalremote>
<FullscreenVideo>
<F6>ShowSubtitles</F6>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong? As I said at the top, I've read the guides and Wikis, but it's a bit of a tangle and I can't tell what's up to date for Eden, what's specific to Windows, etc.
Look at the global and universal tags, they are not in correct order when you close them.
Thanks for your help, Toiva, but that didn't quite set me on the right path.

After many hours of Googling, I learned that I can right-click XBMC and Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources/XBMC/System/Keymaps/joystick.harmony.xml

and use that file as a foundation to build my own custom remote.xml for my Logitech Harmony 300.

I hope this helps someone else in need, because all the other resources I found, including the XBMC Wiki, were not user-friendly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help programming Logitech Harmony 3000