Audio Issue! Please advise
Hi all,

So I've ran into an issue and not quite sure the resolve. I turned my machine on the other day, no audio. I restarted the machine, now I have audio in windows, audio when I load xbmc (including selecting menu's & scrolling), and able to listen to music without any problems. When I try to play a movie however, it says that there is a problem with the audio settings. I have looked, tweaked, and still no luck. I can play the file in VLC, not a problem, just nothing in XBMC but again, only on movies, not with music or XBMC itself. Any ideas?
What are your hardware....(htpc, avr, hdtv, etc)?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Now play some suitable test video for a minute or so, and assuming there's no sound stop the video and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.
http://pastebin.com/5Wk2L4p7

i5 2500K
P867P Pro
8 GB Ram
5 GB HDD
Win7
That is a powerful HTPC......try these steps-

1. Download the latest Intel driver for your HD3000 iGPU- Download Center

2. Select Intel HDMI audio output in Windows 7 and in XBMC settings/system/audio output (select WASAPI: Intel Hi-def......)

3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else XBMC settings/video/playback

4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/video output
It worked, thank you!
(2012-04-24, 06:07)wyd2003 Wrote: It worked, thank you!
That's what we want to hear.......and congratulation...Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issue! Please advise0