Qwiki... JUST READ THIS........ Trust me
Iv just come across a new wolfram alpha, google, siri - ish type site that has BLOWN MY MIND!! check it out qwiki.com
The first thing i thought about when i came across this was.... THIS HAS TO BE ON XBMC.
Im already planning on integrating voxcommando into xbmc so i can voice control EVERYTHING. but what if i could just throw out a command like "Computer" (used to initialize voxcommando and tell it to get ready for input) "Information" (the trigger for 'input everything im about to say into the new qwiki plugin for xbmc') "Rickrolling"...... and then ........ This ( http://www.qwiki.com/q/Rickrolling ) would come up in fullscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it happen wizards.
out of magic ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
yes.... magic... that would be preferable.
and dont act like u dont know a way to make this happen.... this whole xbmc project is clearly being run by some kind of dark wizardry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gYDcandlZ8

Edit: woops... meant to post this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOSxR2oTeuU

same idea tho.
WTF is happening here?
I don't even... what?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

in the thread or the video?
This site always reminds me of that scene from Wall-e when the captain asks the computer about earth and all these images and videos pop up Laugh

Anyway these Qwikis, or whatever you want to call them, are dynamically generated flash animations (swf files NOT videos) based on content from different sites (mainly wikipedia, flickr and youtube). Afaik XBMC can't even remotely handle that so writing an addon for that would be impossible (for now anyway).

But maybe you could write an addon that opens up a fullscreen browser window with the requested qwiki page.
RIGHT.... yeah, thats more what i was thinking... obviously anything more integrated than that would probably require apis, but maybe something where u would have a menu option on the home screen labeled like "information" and selecting that would open qwiki.com. And the only potentially complicated thing would be if it could somehow force fullscreen once it starts going.
And MAYBE another possibility would be to create an app that served as a prescreen with just a text box so it would look more like ur putting the info into xbmc itself and not just loading a website.... then when u hit enter the app would automatically launch qwiki, and input the text and hit enter... (is that something that can be programmed w/o the support of qwiki?)

Edit: and yes... i think they even reference that walle movie in one of there demos... tho whole idea of this site is the "future of information" like what u would get on a spaceship if u asked for the definition of unobtainium
This thread obviously Wink
Seriously though: What you want isn't something for the core of the XBMC, but rather for an additional addon.

@iDude: qwiki also offers a HTML 5 page... but I doubt that this would make anything easier...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

couldv gone either way... that was my reaction when i saw the clip. lol
and i dont care HOW this is implemented just that it is done so.... IMMEDIATELY!! lol
I can only imagine how cool this will be once i integrate kinemote as well, and then once iv voice activated a qwiki, am able to interact with those tiles ala minority report... I'm batman
Well... I for one am not interested in Motion- or Voice-based control so much - but the ideas are pretty strong and I can see it going in the right direction.
However - back to topic:
Since you are already using VoxCommando, you would be able to do this with a little bit of trickery. You could fully automatize browsing as well - VoxCommando is able to do that...
Talking about it actually makes it interesting for me again Big Grin Maybe I'll take a stab at it tonight - using VoxCommando for browsing and/or for keyboard inputs maybe interesting to me afterall. Do you know if there is any way to use my android phone as a microphone though? Don't want to sit around wearing my headset all the time Wink (I know of the skype trick - calling my PC with my phone, but that solution wasn't really usable in my opinion)

afaik there is no dedicated app, but u can always use workarounds like the skype thing, or something like this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dcam&hl=en
thanks - last time I checked (probably over a year ago), it didn't support microphone yet - nice that they have implemented it now. Will give it a try - do you want feedback from me wether I got it working nicely with qwiki for example?

absolutely... I havn't even set it up yet, im stuck in planning stages till i move into my new apartment, and setup my new htpc that is currently sitting in storage!!

http://www.origenae.co.kr/en/htpc_s21t.htm

(2012-04-26, 17:36)HenryFord Wrote: Well... I for one am not interested in Motion- or Voice-based control so much - but the ideas are pretty strong and I can see it going in the right direction.
However - back to topic:
Since you are already using VoxCommando, you would be able to do this with a little bit of trickery. You could fully automatize browsing as well - VoxCommando is able to do that...
Talking about it actually makes it interesting for me again Big Grin Maybe I'll take a stab at it tonight - using VoxCommando for browsing and/or for keyboard inputs maybe interesting to me afterall. Do you know if there is any way to use my android phone as a microphone though? Don't want to sit around wearing my headset all the time Wink (I know of the skype trick - calling my PC with my phone, but that solution wasn't really usable in my opinion)

This looks like it could do the job but I haven't tried it yet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...m.wo.voice

Edit: I can't get it to connect but I'm on Win8 CP right now so that's maybe why. Have to try it again when I get home

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Qwiki... JUST READ THIS........ Trust me0