Need info regarding microsoft ir transceiver and Harman Kardon Remote input
Hello All. I know this is off topic. But don't know where to ask question related to remote. Hope someone here can help.

I have a Harman Kardon AVR-247 receiver hidden inside a cabinet. I also use Microsoft transceiver connected via usb to my xbmc machine. I use logitech harmony to control my TV, xbmc machine, and my harman kardon receiver. But every time I use the receiver, I have to leave the receiver cabinet door open, so it can catch IR signals. I read somewhere that the Microsoft transceiver can be connected to devices with remote in? Will my Harman receiver with remote input be able to accept signals? What type of cable do I use? What kind of commands needed to control my harman? Should I still use 3rd party apps?
I have used HP mce remote with bundled IR emitter. This is very useful in such scenarios as yours.
In that case, do I need a 3rd party app to interprest mce remote presses to translate it to harman recognizable signal?
The IR repeater is plugged into the HP IR receiver and whatever IR signal it receives will be emitted through the IR emitter. As far as I know,tThere is no way to translate mce remote codes to harman code. Since you are using harmony urc, it is easy to control the avr using this repeater. The IR emitter has a long cable and just place it infront of the AVR IR sensor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need info regarding microsoft ir transceiver and Harman Kardon Remote input0