Win Editting movie info on one PC and then not updating on others
Hi all,

First off I loved the update to Eden, especially now that it does sets on it's own!

However, on my main PC I've rescanned all the movies to go into sets, now, when 'updating' the library it's not recognising this on other devices.

What would be the correct procedure to have the other computers take what I've done?

I'm thinking it's best to clear the other library's completely and re-scan, but then what if I edit more on one computer, I'm assuming there's a general way to keep all XBMC profiles/libraries the same on each computer but I'm not sure how.

Thank you in advance.
Oh boy. You have no idea what your in for then. Each install is independent unless you setup and use a MySQL database. Read thru the wiki here and familiarize yourself with the process before you take the jump. Then you can search the forums and find quite a few threads related to this.
Great!

Thanks for the link Kricker, my NAS is capable of this, it's just deciding whether I want to share watched status and such across all the devices now...
Each person in the house has their own device and is at different parts of different shows... But at the same time updating all of the films is becoming a pain (Quite a few cases I've even selected other thumbnails for shows than the default)

I suppose it just comes down to personal preference.

One other thing though, I have XBMC on an iPad too, and the 'Touch' theme on that uses Banners for TV shows, but on the other devices a poster image is being used instead.
Is there any way of having both images?
If I don't choose the MySQL sync option, then this should be a possibility as I choose locally on each client whether to use a poster or banner for the show, but the image it chooses is stored in the folder that all devices are using.
There may be a way to have both. It is something I have also wondered but never investigated. In the past it was one or the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editting movie info on one PC and then not updating on others0