• 7(current)
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu
(2014-05-15, 04:43)capnhowyoudo Wrote: cbxbiker61 great work !!!! 1.0.3 is working on ATV 1 CB2 Gotham. one thing I noticed after connecting to Wi-Fi I can not "cancel" out of the window with all the connections, I have to power down. Wi-Fi is maintained after power cycle, Perhaps a quick fix?

I'm having this same issue, can exit fine from the main window, but not from the add window, was there a fix for this? Using Gotham on XBMCbuntu
Any ideas on this? Still can't find a fix, a restart is required after connecting to a network.
Put this in addconnection.py under #cancel dialog.

def closeDialog(self):
self.close()
hi i am new to this.
i installed the last version of raspmc today. ran into the same problems as previous users here.
the network manager was not compatible so i could not install it. i managed to install it from
the zip file posted in here.
I entered all my info correctly and when its scans for my wlan it finds it but when I click on Status
it always says disconnected. I use WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK. Set to "Auto" in router.
SSID is correctly, too. i got the Edimax EW-7811Un WLAN Adapter.
The Adapter flashes with a blue light but it won't connect to router which works
flawlessly with my cell.
I use the default skin setup in raspbmc. No changes made.

please help
Can we get this addon working in Helix please
Press THANK USER if I Help
hi,

may i know if this is working on helix already? i downloaded the script.network,manager.zip, added as zip file in my kodi, but it is not working,

appreciate any help on this please.

thanks,
I installed your repository script into Kodi but I do not see network manager anywhere. Can you please tell me where I can find it?
Hi,
this link is working with Helix.
Helix Kodi 14.2 Network Manager Wifi
Install from the zip file:
http://www.xilka.com/xilka/source/script...-1.0.3.zip
After connected with Access Point, Cancel doesn't work so Power Off manually and Power On and it will be connected!
Once i added a hidden wifi and connected to it i stuck with no exit from script. Even if i click on "Cancel" it wont allow me exit ?! Please help me!
Is this project still alive? I would like to control NetworkManager from Kodi, but I cannot install this.
No, it is not maintained any more. No interests from developers. Should be easy to get it to work again though. Assuming the ubuntu network-manager has not changed too much.
I see, but how people connect their kodi to wpa wireless then?
Assuming you are on ubuntu, by loging out of kodi and into the desktop.
Openelec have their on wifi manager.
Well, leaving kodi is always a solution I guess... But the main problem in my scenario is the lack of a keyboard, even if it's not as good as a real one the Kodi virtual keyboard is enough for passwords. I will check this Openelec distribution.

However, how is difficult to do a plugin for kodi? I have no experience in GUIs, but I programmed a lot in C++ and a bit in Python...
It was quite tricky to make the backend working. The dbus / network manager object model was a bit hard to understand.
The resulting stand-alone script is here
https://github.com/vikjon0/qfpynm
(the same script is used in the add-on)
EDIT: The script in the add-on was newer. I updated by copy/paste in the github edit function. If it was corrupted look for the script in the add-on instead.

That was also the fun part. I don't like to spend time on the GUI stuff.
To make a add-on in python is easy but you have to learn the GUI model. Not sure how much it has changed since this was working.
It never worked to 100% in other skins since I didn't manage to root out all dependencies to confluence. (introduced by the add-on I copied as a base)

If you dont want to spend time on the GUI you can use the above script to do the wifi from ssh.
You can also install wicd
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wicd
which has a command line interface wicd-curses
However, it is not compatible with network-manager.

So if you like python and don't want to learn kodi gui then play around with my script and skip the add-on.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu3