Run Eden and Eden Beta on same MySQL on LAN?
So I have the last eden beta installed on the xbmc (windows 7) boxes that I have connected to our TVs, and on my (windows 7) desktop I've installed xbmc 11. I'm having trouble syncing the databases between the two systems. I have MySQL set up on my storage server with appropriate permissions, etc (note: am not a MySQL expert at all) as per various online guides. The MySQL database works just fine between the XBMC clients connected to the TVs, I get exactly the right behavior. My problem is that when I get the database loaded into the XBMC v11 on my desktop, it apparently is creating a SEPARATE database on the server to use for itself, which it then populates with the metadata from the beta-Eden library.

I tried following the guide "HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Upgrading XBMC from v10 to v11", but that doesn't really discuss my situation. How do I basically "tell" xbmc what the name of the database to use is?

Here is the content of the advancedsettings.xml that *WORKS* for the beta-Eden XBMC installs on my TVs.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***my server IP***/host>
<port>****</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://***my server name***/xbmc SQL stuff/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

In the MySQL 5.5 Command Line Client, apparently due to the actions of having *both* the last beta-Eden and the final v11, I now have multiple databases:
Database
-------------------------
information_schema
mysql
myvideos34.db
myvideos58
myvideos5860
myvideos60
performance_schema
test
xbmc_video
xbmc_video58
xbmc_video5860
xbmc_video60

myvideos58 and myvideos60 are populated, the rest are not. It is as if the v11 build is literally making it's own database and populating it with the content of the beta-Eden's database. How can I fix this such that both builds are accessing the same database? Is this possible?

Of course, ultimately I will move all machines to v11 final.[/align]
No you can't.

If you had looked one page back http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130736
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hm. I see. I thought that the beta version counted as essentially the same version. It would seem like telling XBMC which database to use should be a configurable advanced setting though. Thanks for the link, I'll probably just migrate everything to v11 now.
database number change because something changed in the layout. mixing those two can be very bad
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run Eden and Eden Beta on same MySQL on LAN?0