• 6(current)
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)
Told ya! way more silent ..... great! the 2100 shuriken is my favorite cooler.... wish I could of fit it on my M350 case.... LOL...... very nice.... thanx for the pic....

1600 RPM to 900 RPM... and it will stay there at 900... pretty hard to get it up there.... unless you are doing a Prime test or something very very intensive....
(2012-06-14, 03:23)Beer40oz Wrote: Told ya! way more silent ..... great! the 2100 shuriken is my favorite cooler.... wish I could of fit it on my M350 case.... LOL...... very nice.... thanx for the pic....

1600 RPM to 900 RPM... and it will stay there at 900... pretty hard to get it up there.... unless you are doing a Prime test or something very very intensive....

Believe me,..I trusted you,...it was more about kicking my family off of it,... Big Grin
Now I have another problem. When I shut down the PC, it will reboot instead, it will stay on for ~ 15 secs..... and then "it seems" to shut down. I say "it seems" because when I press the ON button it will load into xbmc in around 9 seconds. FAST... Hybernation is disabled though.
During the reboot process, front blue light (ON) and cpu fan will always stay on...... then everything shuts down.
Perhaps you are really putting into Sleep mode instead of Shutting Down.
I believe that by default, the Windows "button" that used to be shut down is "Sleep" by default.
You have to specify that you want the Windows button to be "shut down".

Sleep and Hibernation are two different things.

If I'm off target, I'm just relating what I experienced.
(2012-06-14, 06:23)xbmckinect Wrote: Now I have another problem. When I shut down the PC, it will reboot instead, it will stay on for ~ 15 secs..... and then "it seems" to shut down. I say "it seems" because when I press the ON button it will load into xbmc in around 9 seconds. FAST... Hybernation is disabled though.
During the reboot process, front blue light (ON) and cpu fan will always stay on...... then everything shuts down.

Did you install that instant boot software? I had the same experience with that.... and I took it off...
That might explain why I didn't experience that problem,..I downloaded the instant boot,..but never installed it.
Gort....

I was looking at my temps on my HTPC.... because you where lower then me.... and I found out why!!!

LOL

I forgot I had my settings on HIGH PERFORMANCE witch makes everything work harder at full speed...

Now I am back on BALANCED (never turn off screen and never go to sleep)

AND BAM!!!!

And now a 1080P video is at 28C for the whole time... and the MHz are at 798 while playing!!!

Cheers!!!

UPDATED my thread with the new info!

LOL

Thanks for adding that info Mr. Beer,...I'm sure others will run into the same thing.
Fortunately, that was one thing I changed first.
I've had previous experiences where I'd be watching a movie and bang the screen went to sleep or something similar.

FYI: This can be changed in Control Panel,..Power Options.
Yup.. its the first thing I do too.... but all this testing I forgot to set it back on my A6-PACK and my M350.... now they are even better....

CCC Yes .... it's where I saw what was going on.... Smile

Mentioned it in another post but, figured I'd update here too.

I copied the XBMC shortcut to the Windows Startup folder (you'll find it in All Programs).
I also have account log-ons disabled.
This way, when someone starts the computer up, it goes right into XBMC.
Boots in about 20 seconds.

We also put the system to Sleep.
This gets us instant on.
(2012-06-16, 18:23)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Mentioned it in another post but, figured I'd update here too.

I copied the XBMC shortcut to the Windows Startup folder (you'll find it in All Programs).
I also have account log-ons disabled.
This way, when someone starts the computer up, it goes right into XBMC.
Boots in about 20 seconds.

We also put the system to Sleep.
This gets us instant on.

Yup it's the way I have it! Tongue
Home sick today,..and am not bored at all! Not that I feel that well,...but I am entertained at least.
Loving that I can pick my favorite movies and never have to leave the couch to put a DVD in.
Also, love the "Best of YouTube" channel. Very entertaining!
Lost power briefly over the weekend. This happened while I was out.
This meant that my unRaid server went down. Fortunately all is okay when it powered back up.

I noticed that when I went into XBMC and tried to play one of the movies on the unRaid sever, it said that the movie is no longer available, and do I want to remove it from the library. I figured the network connection was persistent, and it is,..but I have to open the connection manually to the share on unRaid.

For now,..I map a drive to the movie share on the unRaid server.
How does anyone else create a connection to their unRaid serverHuh SMB, mapped drive,....Huh?
Hey Gort.....

Yah it's happened to me... I don't have my shares mapped they are all SBM.... with SBM you don't have to manual again share.

The only drive I have mapped but this is my desktop to the server is the TV SHOWS.... because SickBeard needs to find a map drive where the shows are going....

Now I have recommended this

APC Back-UPS RS700

It's time to get one....

Set it up in unraid's menu and it will shut off your server in a power outage. Save your data in case....

Blush
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)2