• 47(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
Having a new problem. I'm only getting artists up to the letter M. I thought that it was a problem in OpenElec, but I see that I can go through the entire list directly. The problem exists in the search (on the app) as well. I can't get any artists with the letter "T" for example.

What happened?

If I do a music refresh by holding down the IP address of the Kodi install I get the correct amount of tracks loading ~ 50k.

I should mention that it worked before and that I have around ~ 7k artists.

Suggestions?

Brian
The easiest thing for me would be if you can send me your MyMusicX.db file and indicat which xbmc version you are using so that I can try it on my end.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

I haven't changed anything as far as I can remember in the import functions so it should still work the same way as in previous versions. I suppose something changed on xbmc / in your db file which made this issue appear.

If you want I can also send you a link to an apk file of an older version to see if you have the issue with older versions as well

Edit: Can you see the songs from an artist if you search by artist in the songs view?
I mainly work with the app with the TV switched off and related to that I have a few nice-to-have feature requests:

1: I would like to know the codec and bitrate of the songs that I'm playing. Would it be possible to show that on the "now playing" screen e.g. next to the album art?
2: When songs are played from the playlist, the current song is indicated with a blue bar next to it (at least in the theme I'm using). The playlist does not scroll down automatically while the songs are played, so eventually the current song is not visible on screen any more. Would it be possible to position the playlist with the current playing song at the top of the visible part of the playlist? That way, you can always see which songs are coming soon.
3: The "Songs" overview screen obviously shows all songs, but doesn't show on which album they appear. Would it be possible to add that information to the view, e.g. next to the artist name that is shown right below the song title?

One other question: I purchased the premium version of the app, but inside the app still a message is shown that says "buy premium version". Is this by design?

Thanks for the great app. Keep up the good work!
1) as far as I know xbmc does not provide this info over json-rpc but I have to check again if this is really the case. Since it doesn't provide the file length either I don't know if there is an easy way to get the info

2) the idea sounds good but in the current implementation there will be a couple of problems
-if random is enabled it will jump to a random position when the song ends. It is not like in xbmc where the playlist gets shuffled and it always plays the next song.
- it only shows the first 1000 sings in the queue so I can't always scroll to the right song

3) on phones the space will be a bit limited I think but on tablets there should be enough space to add it

The message for the unlocker should usually not be shown if you are unlocked. I need to check why this is still the case
Thanks for considering the options.

The stock xbmc app for iOS does have the option to show the codec and bitrate when you press the fanart in the now playing screen, but I don't know how that is done.
The app is probably using Player.GetItem with the property streamdetails in the request but this does not return any info for music files on my system. For video files all info is there and could be shown. Is it also working for music files in the IOS app?

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetItem","params":{"playerid":0,"properties":["streamdetails","showtitle"]},"id":1}
Yes, it works for music. Please see the screenshot of my iphone for an example: Image

I'm not familiar with JSON at all, but I'll try to find the correct request in the KODI documentation and post it here when I find it.

Could it be "Player.Audio.Stream.Extended"?
Found a way to retrieve the info... using XBMC.GetInfoLabels
(2014-11-27, 08:39)Millencolin007 Wrote: Edit: Can you see the songs from an artist if you search by artist in the songs view?

Yes. Do you still need me to send you something?

Thanks,
Brian
It would be of great help if you can send me the MyMusicXX.db file in a pm or by email.
Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I get to that file? I'm using a windows 7 system.

B.
You can click the start button and type one of the following urls into the search box and then type enter

%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata
or
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
if you are using a recent version

In the userdata folder there will be another folder called Database which contains the MyMusic#.db file

(2014-12-03, 08:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: You can click the start button and type one of the following urls into the search box and then type enter

%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata
or
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
if you are using a recent version

In the userdata folder there will be another folder called Database which contains the MyMusic#.db file

I'm sorry, my response wasn't very useful/clear. I am running OpenElec on a standalone PC and the other computers are Windows 7. How do I get on the OpenElec system to locate that file?

Brian
If samba sharing is enabled on openelec you can access the files through windows file sharing. Type the following into an explorer window

\\192.168.1.30\userdata\Database

You need to replace 192.168.1.30 with the ip of xbmc
File is 26MB. How do I get it to you?

Brian
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7