• 61(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
This application is not using the UPnP protocol to queue files but is accessing API functions from Kodi to play the files therefore you cannot directly compare it with other android UPnP clients. There are currently some bugs and limitations which I try to bypass as good as possible.

There was a change last January after someone reported some issues with UPnP.
- song names where not properly shown in Kodi (url encoded spaces as %20) when playing as well as wrong song names where shown in the queue ( just showing the name of the upnp server instead of song name)
- gapless playback was not working

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2214606

Therefore I changed the way files are queued when starting playback from UPnP sources by using a command to play the whole directory instead of queuing files one by one. Since then it doesn't matter in which order you display the songs in the remote, it will always queue the files in the same order ( Kodi decides about the order. It is probably queuing by upnp identifier which I suppose is by file name). I just tried to play a couple of albums and it looks like they start playing with the first song but I remember that there was a user in this thread that had the problem that the songs where in the wrong order. I think that he solved the problem by renaming the files.

PS: There are some forum rules that posts should be written in English. If you want to communicate in German send me a PM or use the contact email from playstore.
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to listen to music offline on an android device, change the rating of the song and sync back the update when you connect to kodi?

Thank you
Changing rating is currently supported when playing the song on Kodi or when streaming music from Kodi to your android device.

What you want is probably not going to be easy to implement.
I can identify songs on your local android device and can map them to one (or more songs) in the Kodi library. However I don't know when the rating was last changed (on Kodi and your android device) and therefore don't know which way I have to sync the rating especially if the rating was changed using another media player app on your android device. Some music players also save the ratings locally in the app, making it impossible to sync ratings back to Kodi.
Thank you for the answer. Ok what I understand is that it is not possible to have an offline access to the scynced library so it can store the update (including time).

I beleive that there is no app around which is either integrated with kodi and capable of offline rating updtae.
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.3 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
  • Display the default android volume controls when using the hardware volume buttons. This also works when the app is in background or if the screen is locked.
  • Support for streaming from one Kodi Instance to another (unlocker only). Simply select another Kodi instance using the "cast button" on top right and start playing some content. This should work for most content (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Files, content from addons as long as the addon is installed and configured on both Kodi instances). It will probably not work for PVR addons.
  • Faster TV Show sync on recent Kodi versions
  • Fixed last.fm scrobbling
  • Improved switching between local and remote playback. For instance switching to local (music) playback will no longer stop current video playback on Kodi.
  • Music Pump can be selected to handle voice events when doing music related searches in Google Now. However on my device this only works if I first disable "Google Music" otherwise i'm not able to select another app than google music to handle the events. Don't expect too much from this feature especially if you try to play music in a foreign language. (E.g. your device is configured for German but the band has an English name)
This is by far the best Kodi remote out there. I would like to know which are the lyrics fetcher apps that work with this app. For me, Musixmatch only finds lyrics if I'm listening by the HiFi. It would be nice to get lyrics from Musixmatch by touching the artwork the way BubbleUPnP does.
I also noticed that if you have different artwork for songs in the same album, you have to exit the now playing screen for the app to refresh artwork, I don't know if that can be fixed...
(2016-09-30, 12:53)hache93 Wrote: This is by far the best Kodi remote out there. I would like to know which are the lyrics fetcher apps that work with this app. For me, Musixmatch only finds lyrics if I'm listening by the HiFi. It would be nice to get lyrics from Musixmatch by touching the artwork the way BubbleUPnP does.

Basically all the app does is broadcasting info about the currently playing song so that last.fm scrobbler apps (and lyrics fetcher apps) can get this info. One of the apps I used to test this feature was QuickLyrics which is opensource

Note: You need to enable the option "Workaround for lyrics fetcher apps" in the settings if you want this feature to work when playing songs on Kodi otherwise it will only work if you play songs on your android device.
I think it doesn't work if "Kodi Queue" is on because no last.fm broadcast info is sent in that case.

(2016-10-02, 15:14)hache93 Wrote: I also noticed that if you have different artwork for songs in the same album, you have to exit the now playing screen for the app to refresh artwork, I don't know if that can be fixed...

This is because I don't reload the album art if the next song is playing from the same album and artist. I was assuming that all songs in an album have the same album art. I can fix this but if you have multiple album covers Kodi will just pick one for the album listing and Music Pump may select a different one.

You can also rotate the device to force reloading the album art
(2016-10-02, 21:10)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2016-09-30, 12:53)hache93 Wrote: This is by far the best Kodi remote out there. I would like to know which are the lyrics fetcher apps that work with this app. For me, Musixmatch only finds lyrics if I'm listening by the HiFi. It would be nice to get lyrics from Musixmatch by touching the artwork the way BubbleUPnP does.

Basically all the app does is broadcasting info about the currently playing song so that last.fm scrobbler apps (and lyrics fetcher apps) can get this info. One of the apps I used to test this feature was QuickLyrics which is opensource

Note: You need to enable the option "Workaround for lyrics fetcher apps" in the settings if you want this feature to work when playing songs on Kodi otherwise it will only work if you play songs on your android device.
I think it doesn't work if "Kodi Queue" is on because no last.fm broadcast info is sent in that case.

(2016-10-02, 15:14)hache93 Wrote: I also noticed that if you have different artwork for songs in the same album, you have to exit the now playing screen for the app to refresh artwork, I don't know if that can be fixed...

This is because I don't reload the album art if the next song is playing from the same album and artist. I was assuming that all songs in an album have the same album art. I can fix this but if you have multiple album covers Kodi will just pick one for the album listing and Music Pump may select a different one.

You can also rotate the device to force reloading the album art

OK. If you could fix that, I would be very grateful. I like to set different artwork for singles in each album. I think Kodi sets the artwork on the first song as album cover, if it happens to be a single I just set a 0 seconds song as the first one in the album.
Anyway, thanks for the app.
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.4 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Added Pinned Albums
* New option to sort albums by date added
* Improved multi-window mode on tablets
* Bug Fixes
Ever had reports of songs playing twice?

Like if I play an album the output appears to be:

song #1
song #1
song #2
song #2
song #3
song #3

No repeat / shuffle enabled, and the playlist is fine when I look at that.

Seems kinda sporadic. Happy to post logs if you're interested.
It's probably because of the following bug in Kodi 16 which I had reported a while ago. It is fixed in Kodi 17
279797 (thread)

When adding songs using file path ( which is the case when using the "Files" section in the remote) the song was added twice if it is present in the Kodi Library.
(2016-11-10, 21:05)Millencolin007 Wrote: It's probably because of the following bug in Kodi 16 which I had reported a while ago. It is fixed in Kodi 17
279797 (thread)

When adding songs using file path ( which is the case when using the "Files" section in the remote) the song was added twice if it is present in the Kodi Library.

Nice one - thanks MC.
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.5 is available in Google Playstore

Changes
* New now playing screen (In case you don't like it you can revert back to the old screen in the settings)
* Set watch status for movie / episode in details screens
* Default playlist names when downloading media
* Youtube search suggestions
* Delete resume point for movies
* Long-press on remote button to return to home screen
* Bug fixes
Great update - thanks MC.

Got another question though - is there some way I should be handling albums with multiple artists?

A band I like called Low did an album with a band called Dirty Three called In The Fishtank. Now all my Low albums have the artist as 'Low + Dirty Three'. I've checked the tags for these albums and they seem to be OK. Same thing is happening with Kanye West - the artist appears as Dilated Peoples feat. Kanye West unless the track artist is something other than Kanye West (e.g Slow Jamz would correctly be shown as Kanye West feat Jamie Foxx). Kodi itself is just displaying them all as 'Kanye West' which I guess is the 'compilation artist' or whatever. The Dilated Peoples thing is coming from one of their albums that has one song featuring him.

Any ideas? Again - much appreciated.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7