Ape and WavPack tags in xbmc 11
Hi guys. I've just installed XBMC v. 11 and noticed that it doesn't detect "discnumber" entry in ape and WV images. For example: I have 2 cd images: "Tom Jones LIve CD 1.ape " and Tom Jones LIve CD2.ape (and cue sheets for each of them). In both cuesheets I entered Tom Jones Live as a title entry in order to have single entry in library mode. To avoid mixing track names (1,1,2,2,3,3, etc) I used mp3tag and assigned disc number for both ape images (discnumber 1 and 2). This works perfectly with flac images (1,2,3 etc for 1st disc and again 1,2,3,4 etc for the second) but with ape and wv images track names aren't in correct order because xbmc isn't aware of discnumber entries in ape and wv tags. Any experiences with this problem? Thanks in advance.
I'm having exactly the same problem. it's only now that i've noticed the problem with these specific file types. that's how i found this thread.
For APEv2 tags it's looking for the "Media" tag. Exactly what have you used for the tag? Take a look at a hexdump of the file if your tagging app doesn't give you the exact details.

By the looks, DISC or DISCNUMBER are used as well by different apps. It would be useful to know exactly what you have in your files, including whether or not you have something like "1/3" for disc 1 of 3 or "1 of 3" or whatever.

Wavpack files normally use APEv2 tags, so likely the same reason.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i tried with mediamonkey, mp3tagger and foobar2000.
tried all ""1/3" for disc 1 of 3 or "1 of 3" or whatever."
and writing different kind of versions to the tags.

all didn't work.
then i converted to flac. works like magic.
That's not what I asked for. I asked what tag these things are actually setting, not what the value of the tag is.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

APEv2 tags.

hope I understood correctly what you were asking
Nope. The APEv2 tag essentially stores key,value pairs. eg Title,Where the Streets Have No Name for example. There is no standard for the key's. Thus, we have to rely on what software typically uses for the key's. For most things it's standardized not too bad (Title, Artist, AlbumArtist, Album etc.) but for the slightly more obscure tags such as disc number there is no standard at all.

What I need to know is the key that whatever tagging software you're using is storing the value "1 of 2" in. It might be "disc" or it might be "discnumber" or it might be "media". XBMC currently reads only "media". If I know what you're media files are using, I might then be able to make an appropriate change.

One way to figure it out is to do a hexdump of the file. The APEv2 tag is normally at the end.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Well, I have just installed Frodo RC2 and it seems to me that the problem is solved. I have entered values 1,2, etc. in "Disc #" tag field with "Tag & Rename" software and everything works like charm both with ape and wv files. Big thanks to developer team. Happy New Year too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ape and WavPack tags in xbmc 110