Unable to install addons following Eden upgrade
I have just done my upgrade to Eden all went well for the most part, however have a comment and an question.

I was using the Cirrus v2 skin which has been updated to Eden but as I had not changed it XBMC was locking up on start up so I had to remove that skin from the addon folder. Surely it would have been better for the Eden upgrade to reset the skin to Confluence?

My problem is I can not see any addons now to install. I have several repo's added, but when I do go get more add-ons it only shows the ones I have already installed and nothing new.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
Go to the list of add-on repos. Bring up the context menu for each one and choose Check for updates. That should update each repo. Then browse for the add-ons. You will only see ones that are marked Eden compatible. So if a particular add-on was not updated for Eden you will not be able to see it.
I have tried that but still none show up. Even the Passion repo shows nothing up.

Am I better off ripping XMBC out and doing a fresh install of Eden and then hope I can re-import my video library?
Backup your userdata folder. Then you can replace everything again if you need to. Export your different libraries. Then yes do a clean install and add your 3rd party repos and see if you can get them working again. Once that is sorted, import your libraries back in or just copy the database files you want over from the backup.

A quicker possible fix you can try is to remove the Addons##.db file from your userdata folder and let it get re-created.
Ok I will go with the quick try and see what happens, if not will remove it all and start afresh

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to install addons following Eden upgrade0