[RELEASE] Star Wars (Video) Plugin
As requested in a separate post, here is a Star Wars plugin which provides access to all clips and videos from the starwars.com website, including full episodes of recent Clone Wars shows.

Plug-in is available via my repo:
https://raw.github.com/mtubesing/xbmc/ma...lugins.zip

Comments, ideas and feedback are welcome!

i am gonna love this Big Grin
thanx for making it

installed & works like a charm
Will try it later. Nephew will love it, thanks!
Thanks man!
Hi mate, the repo doesn't seem to be triggering the download of the star wars vide plugin.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2012-05-18, 08:39)activate Wrote: Hi mate, the repo doesn't seem to be triggering the download of the star wars vide plugin.

Not sure what you mean by 'triggering'. After you add the repo, it will show up as a source for plugins and then you will still need to select the plugin for install. Installing the repo does not automatically install the video plugin. Is that what you mean? Huh
Is this add on still being maintained/developed at all? It had been working fine for the first couple of episodes of The Clone Wars Season 5, now I cannot even access season folder anymore. Below is an excerpt from my log when I try to open the Season 5 folder:

Code:
14:07:16 T:33525760   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
14:07:16 T:33525760   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nodeValue'
14:07:16 T:33525760   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.starwars/addon.py", line 266, in <module>
                                                Main(sww)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.starwars/addon.py", line 146, in __init__
                                                self.videos_menu()
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.starwars/addon.py", line 214, in videos_menu
                                                vid_info  = self.sww.get_video_info(ep['showurl'])
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.starwars/addon.py", line 107, in get_video_info
                                                playpath = xmlnode.firstChild.nodeValue
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nodeValue'
14:07:16 T:80678912   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.starwars/?action=vids&show=The Clone Wars&pageroot=/watch/the-clone-wars/1/season5/&ssn=5
14:07:16 T:80678912   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.starwars/?action=vids&show=The Clone Wars&pageroot=/watch/the-clone-wars/1/season5/&ssn=5) failed
Yep. I can take a look at it some time this week. Hopefully it's not a major change in their CDN hosting.
i get a .py error in eden 11 streight after fresh install.

help !

Mike

Thank you so much for this add on. I know there must have been others, but I have requested a Star Wars add on in the past. so again thank you.

Update: I'm getting an Addon.py script error in Frodo 12 Beta 3.
any joy with this thanks
(the big star wars kid)

xbmcmike
Just to provide an update on this - unfortunately, the site *did* change their CDN provider. All calls to the CDN API are now signed (shared key, which is typical for CDN REST API) and RTMP Dump/Explorer isn't able to pull the video because I think the feed is requiring a re-auth every few seconds or blocks (not sure how that works). So, basically, even if we had the access to retrieve the video asset info from the API, I don't think XBMC would be able to stream it, given a single RTMP play URL.

Unless someone else has the time, tools and talent to disassemble the player SWF and see how they are handling the RTMP feed, I think this one will remain broken. Sorry. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Star Wars (Video) Plugin1