subtitle issues on ipad3 5.1.1 xbmc eden
Just installed xbmc eden stable on my ipad3 with ios 5.1.1

When i play a movie and open the subtitles menu no subtitles show in the menu.
When there is embedded subtitles it shows the first subtitle without ability to change cause no subs is shown in subs menu.
When using .srt sub it shows when playing but not in menu. If there is more than one .srt (different languages) no subs is shown at all, anywhere.
It´s .mkv files that i play

Regards
Jerry
See of you can get us a debug log (wiki) when you play the file and try to activate subs. It will tell us what XBMC is trying to do under the hood. See iOS XBMC.log (wiki) for how to get the file out of an iPad.
xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/7CmsNprw
a snapshot showing my issue
picture
a mkv file playing with subtitle showing in the video but not in the osd.
the mkv has two different subtitle streams so i cant select the second one.
Could you try this by using the confluence skin please? (just change the skin in appearance - its installed by default)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried confluence but its the same.
Do you need à new log with the confluence skin?
I confirm this error is legit. i experience it too. Ipad 3 5.1.1 with newest version of xbmc
i guess its not related to ios or ipad3 but should be a problem in generell?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-05-30, 22:54)Memphiz Wrote: i guess its not related to ios or ipad3 but should be a problem in generell?

I'd like confirm that this is a general subtitle OSD problem. OSD does not list internal subtitles. They are selectable on other platforms with keyboard and/or remote control (OSX, Windows,..). But none seems to list the subtitles in OSD, which makes it unselectable on touch screen.

With touchscreen, only the first subtitle can be turned on/off (e.g. using the right edge Touched skin menu on iPad3).
Smile 
(2012-06-15, 00:55)bodhi Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 22:54)Memphiz Wrote: i guess its not related to ios or ipad3 but should be a problem in generell?

I'd like confirm that this is a general subtitle OSD problem. OSD does not list internal subtitles. They are selectable on other platforms with keyboard and/or remote control (OSX, Windows,..). But none seems to list the subtitles in OSD, which makes it unselectable on touch screen.

With touchscreen, only the first subtitle can be turned on/off (e.g. using the right edge Touched skin menu on iPad3).

Found a work-around for this problem. Even though the OSD does not list subtitles, the Media Info menu does provide a way to select the subtitle SRT stream Cool (Note that I tested this with external substitles).

On your iPad, start the video, and touch the top edge of the screen to bring up the Media Info menu, select Options, then Audio Settings. The Subtitle streams selection is the 3rd item from the bottom of this pop-up menu. The nice thing about this feature is the selected subtitle is instantly displayed on the screen (usually when we go from one subtitle to the next one, there is a pause while XBMC is switching stream).

Hope this help others looking for solution.

Update: This works for internal subtitles also.
That's the normal location for subtitle controls.
(2012-06-15, 07:49)Ned Scott Wrote: That's the normal location for subtitle controls.

Thanks Ned, I realized that now. Just got mislead by the Touched skin subtitle side control :-) I thought it replaced the one in Options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subtitle issues on ipad3 5.1.1 xbmc eden0