Transcoding Support TVHeadend
Any idea what might cause continuity errors and how to fix it?
It usually boils down to bad signal quality or bad tuner.
I have checked and re-alined my dish. All transponders report between 80-95% signal quality. The issue still exist only on transcoded content.
I can play two different channels at the same time - one transcoded and the other one not. Only the transcoded content stutter but only after 15 minutes.
Please advise something as I am running out of ideas.
Anyone please?
Are you sure you're not getting the same continuity errors when not transcoding?
I have double check and here what it is:
I can play two HD channels without transcoding and I get no CC errors at all.
If I play two HD channels - one transcoded and the other one not - after some time I get hundreds of CC errors on both channels.
Any ideas please?
So I have installed fresh Ubuntu 14.04 x64, latest driver for my tuner, latest Tvheadend from master and the issue is still there.
Loads of CC errors when transcoding. I think that it's down to TVH as I tried on two different systems with two different PCI tuners (S952 and TBS6981).
Hope it will be fixed at some point. Till then I assume that transcoding is broken.
I have also problems with stuttering while transcoding to an Amazon Fire TV. I use there Kodi as a Client and a assigned a transcoding profile to the User I'm connecting with.
The Profile is set to 720p with 8000 kbps. Then everything is fine even when trancoding a 1080i h.264 stream. But when I set the trancoding profile to 1080p and 10000 kbps it starts stuttering. The Server has an Intel Core i3-4350 CPU, which should be enough strong to handle that. Any Ideas where to look for an solution?

Thanks for your support here Smile

Regards
Vlaves
(2015-09-02, 11:06)Vlaves Wrote: I have also problems with stuttering while transcoding to an Amazon Fire TV. I use there Kodi as a Client and a assigned a transcoding profile to the User I'm connecting with.
The Profile is set to 720p with 8000 kbps. Then everything is fine even when trancoding a 1080i h.264 stream. But when I set the trancoding profile to 1080p and 10000 kbps it starts stuttering. The Server has an Intel Core i3-4350 CPU, which should be enough strong to handle that. Any Ideas where to look for an solution?

Thanks for your support here Smile

Regards
Vlaves

Anyone?
Hello,

maybe someone could at least point me to some direction to give more or better information, so you could better help out. I guess the stuttering is not coming from the Fire TV as I can stream a whole Blu-ray disk from my NAS with 35MB/s (Star Trek from 2009) without any issue. But from the other hand, I don't know if the PVR part from Kodi is using a different internal player maybe.

Please help me out to further investigate. Thanks a lot for your support here.

Best Regards
Vlaves
Hello,

Does anyone know what the minimum system requirements are for transcoding mpeg-2 1080i live tv to h.264? I would like to build a new backend htpc running tvheadend, and have the ability to transcode live tv so that I can stream to my Amazon Fire TV box (the FTV doesn't play nicely with interlaced content). My current backend cpu usage is 100% when transcoding, and it can't keep up with a live stream.

Here is my current Backend:
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2 ghz
1 gb ram
CPU usage is 100% when it is tasked with transcoding a live 1080i stream to h.264.

I would like to use a mini-itx htpc if possible, to keep size and power consumption (and cost) to a minimum. Any advice on specs?

How about something like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

Thanks!
(2015-09-17, 19:35)gmp029 Wrote: Hello,

Does anyone know what the minimum system requirements are for transcoding mpeg-2 1080i live tv to h.264? I would like to build a new backend htpc running tvheadend, and have the ability to transcode live tv so that I can stream to my Amazon Fire TV box (the FTV doesn't play nicely with interlaced content). My current backend cpu usage is 100% when transcoding, and it can't keep up with a live stream.

Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
1 gb ram
CPU usage is 100% when it is tasked with transcoding a live 1080i stream to h.264.

I would like to use a mini-itx htpc if possible, to keep size and power consumption (and cost) to a minimum. Any advice on specs?

Thanks!

Nowhere near
(2015-09-17, 20:20)robo989 Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 19:35)gmp029 Wrote: Hello,

Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
1 gb ram

Thanks!

Nowhere near

In general, what would be able to handle this?
I'd go for atleast an Intel i3, possibly even an i5 if you want to do two streams simultaneously.
you can transcode by setting the profile in the stream request.

i.e.
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:9981/stream/channel/8284f9421c7eb27ccb5051869ba25f78?profile=webtv-vp8-vorbis-webm

The above im tunneling out to home and this is an HD channel that i don't have the upload bandwidth to play the full stream so appending the profile to use in VLC i can get the stream at an acceptable bit rate that my broadband can handle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transcoding Support TVHeadend0