• 35(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
Doubt you will get CHVRCHES ever working as they musicbrainz name has a silly character in it:

http://musicbrainz.org/artist/6a93afbb-2...2a1e5c5df8

They define it as CHVRCHΞS, which is why it fails. I don't even know what that 3 line character is!

On TADB we have fixed the name to "E" which is why it works in that specific scraper.
Thanks for the explanation. Chvrches refer to themselves as Chvrches and not CHVRCHΞS.

Would it make a difference if I put the musicbrainz artist id in the tags?
I want to scrape the pictures and put them into a separated artist folder.

Can someone please tell me how I can set the scraper that he will not put the pictures into the thumbnail folder?
Kodi will automatically thumbnail the pictures into its userdata folder.
I can't seem to get this thing to scrape Adele....why not..also it seems to take forever to scrape and I only have 3 artists with about 6 albums..
(2015-12-18, 10:57)zag Wrote: Kodi will automatically thumbnail the pictures into its userdata folder.

Hi Zag,

so it is a Kodi thing.

Writing something into the advanced settings will be maybe a solution(?).

Is there someone with experience who has already done this?

There are good reasons for me that Kodi will not put the pictures into the thumbnail folder,

e.g. when you have scraped a wrong picture it is nearly impossible to find and delete it.
Neither the scrapers, nor Kodi are NOT saving anything into your folders automatically and by default.
Thumbs only get saves into your folders when you are exporting your library to separate folders and you tell Kodi specifically to export artwork as well...

So you don't need any hacking in advancedsettings.xml, if you don't want scraped artwork showing up in your folders, just don't export.
(2015-12-18, 16:50)olympia Wrote: Neither the scrapers, nor Kodi are NOT saving anything into your folders automatically and by default.
Thumbs only get saves into your folders when you are exporting your library to separate folders and you tell Kodi specifically to export artwork as well...

So you don't need any hacking in advancedsettings.xml, if you don't want scraped artwork showing up in your folders, just don't export.

Hi Olympia,

I think you misunderstand me, maybe it's because of my bad english.

The thing is that I want to have the pictures saved in separate artist folders and NOT in one of this thumbnail folders.

I made an artist logo by myself and put it into a separated folder but it doesn't fit so I want to change it. I build a new one and replaced the old one but it was always

shown the wrong old one.

The reason was that Kodi put a copy from the old wrong one into the userdata/thumbnails folders. After deleting the logo from the thumbnails folder the new logo was shown.

Is there a solution or workaround for this?
(2015-12-18, 18:49)pustekuchen Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 16:50)olympia Wrote: Neither the scrapers, nor Kodi are NOT saving anything into your folders automatically and by default.

Hi Olympia,

The thing is that I want to have the pictures saved in separate artist folders and NOT in one of this thumbnail folders.

I made an artist logo by myself and put it into a separated folder but it doesn't fit so I want to change it. I build a new one and replaced the old one but it was always

shown the wrong old one.

The reason was that Kodi put a copy from the old wrong one into the userdata/thumbnails folders. After deleting the logo from the thumbnails folder the new logo was shown.

The way it works, is that Kodi stores links in the database to the various art types for artists, albums, etc. This link is either to a local file or remote (URL) site file. The scraper finds the remote links. Nothing else happens until Kodi skin wants to display the image. Then the link is followed and the image, either local or remote, is loaded and saved to the profile's thumbnail folder. Advancedsettings can be used to set some of the parameters for the thumbs (resolution and format) but I don't think there is any way to turn that off.

There is a python script tool Texture Cache Maintenance that I think can do what you want. Take a look here:
158373 (thread)

scott s.
(2015-12-18, 21:19)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 18:49)pustekuchen Wrote:

Hi Olympia,

shown the wrong old one.

The way it works, is that Kodi stores links in the database to the various art types for artists, albums, etc. This link is either to a local file or remote (URL) site file. The scraper finds the remote links. Nothing else happens until Kodi skin wants to display the image. Then the link is followed and the image, either local or remote, is loaded and saved to the profile's thumbnail folder. Advancedsettings can be used to set some of the parameters for the thumbs (resolution and format) but I don't think there is any way to turn that off.

There is a python script tool Texture Cache Maintenance that I think can do what you want. Take a look here:
158373 (thread)

scott s.

Hello Scott,

thank you for this advice, I will give this a try!
(2015-11-23, 14:32)DarkHelmet Wrote: Thanks for the explanation. Chvrches refer to themselves as Chvrches and not CHVRCHΞS.

Chvrches - did this ever get solved? If so pls let me know the solution as well since I have both their albums that I can not scrape.

Thanks
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
any chances we get support for Artist logos from fanart.tv?
(2016-02-23, 23:04)thethirdnut Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 14:32)DarkHelmet Wrote: Thanks for the explanation. Chvrches refer to themselves as Chvrches and not CHVRCHΞS.

Chvrches - did this ever get solved? If so pls let me know the solution as well since I have both their albums that I can not scrape.

Thanks

Don't think so. I too have both albums.
Musicbrainz web service should be better now, hopefully this scraper is now more reliable!
I have a couple of issues/question...

1. The scaper seems to have problem with artist such as J.J Cale, where apparently only the first J is read and it returns some Japanese artist called J.

2. The scraper sometimes ignores the album tag and cover art then goes off and finds another album by the same artist that includes the track being played and displays the cover from the album.

3. Are there any settings for the scraper?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9