OS X Coping with Live TV etc.
Using Mac Mini 2010 / Elgato Sat Free / ATV3.

I'm struggling with getting an integrated setup that will allow me to easily switch between:

1. Live TV
  2. record it (via Elgato/EyeTV3)
  3. watch previously recorded material
  4. and iTunes films etc.

I'm pretty hopeful that this could be doable in XBMC. The aim is to get a high-WAF single front-end and single remote control (iphone).
I'm afraid I can only help you with query 4.

As it stands iTunes downloaded movies (either rented or purchased) all have DRM protection that one would have to find a way to strip. There are solutions available to that effect but XBMC cannot play them back while they are still DRM protected. I recommend a google search for 'tune4mac platinum'.

Here are the standing limitations regarding encrypted file playback. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbmc#Curren...imitations

I hope that helps some.
I'm glad transceiverfreq addressed query 4 because I dont use itunes for movies, although the below options will work for itunes as well.

As with 1,2 & 3. You have various options. Of which 2 are:

1. Remote buddy/Flirc plus several other remote control options to switch in between xbmc and eyetv (& itunes).
2. You can use the eyetv parser video addon and play eyetv streams as well as recorded shows through xbmc. The only issue with this is that the quality of the live streams is not as good as through the eyetv app. This is simply because the api that elgato makes available.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coping with Live TV etc.0