Silverstone ML03 HTPC system [with Pics]
I'm looking at an identical setup to yours and Lakigucci - how are your builds running? Quiet?

I'm also looking to add a blu ray drive - would it need to be a slim line? I've read that it sometimes is a close fit to the psu.
Also looking to add a HD, looks like there will be space for that in there. Do you recommend running any aftermarket coolers like the shuriken?
(2012-10-10, 18:20)payders Wrote: I'm looking at an identical setup to yours and Lakigucci - how are your builds running? Quiet?

I'm also looking to add a blu ray drive - would it need to be a slim line? I've read that it sometimes is a close fit to the psu.
Also looking to add a HD, looks like there will be space for that in there. Do you recommend running any aftermarket coolers like the shuriken?

Yeah mine runs really sweet, its super quiet, can't hear a thing. You don't need the after market cooler, its always something you can add later if you find it heating up. My system is on 24 hours a day and rarely gets even close to hot.

In terms of the Blue Ray drive, it doesn't need to be slimline as the case is made to take a standard size drive, but it will be a really close fit to the CPU. If I was to change anything, I would have a smaller CPU to give you that extra room.
(2012-10-10, 19:08)NZXBMC Wrote: If I was to change anything, I would have a smaller CPU to give you that extra room.
What do you mean by smaller CPU?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-10, 19:23)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:08)NZXBMC Wrote: If I was to change anything, I would have a smaller CPU to give you that extra room.

I mean in terms of dimension, more-so depth so that you can get that extra bit of space.
(2012-10-10, 19:29)NZXBMC Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:23)bluray Wrote:

I mean in terms of dimension, more-so depth so that you can get that extra bit of space.
CPU dimension should not be very much different. Intel and AMD CPU physical dimensions are roughly 1.5"x1.5"......

(2012-10-10, 19:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:29)NZXBMC Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:23)bluray Wrote: What do you mean by smaller CPU?

CPU dimension should not be very much different. Intel and AMD CPU physical dimensions are roughly 1.5"x1.5"......

Oh man, forgive me, not sure whats wrong with me today, sorry I mean PSU Smile

I would looks for a PSU with a slightly shorter depth.
I was looking at the Silverstone 400W PSU, same as yours. What drives do you reckon will fit in there?
(2012-10-10, 21:02)NZXBMC Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:29)NZXBMC Wrote: I mean in terms of dimension, more-so depth so that you can get that extra bit of space.

Oh man, forgive me, not sure whats wrong with me today, sorry I mean PSU Smile

I would looks for a PSU with a slightly shorter depth.
No problem, it happen to all of us once in a while.....I stood in front of the big crowd meeting at work one time without knowing know my project......Wink

(2012-10-10, 22:11)payders Wrote: I was looking at the Silverstone 400W PSU, same as yours. What drives do you reckon will fit in there?
Sony Optiarc BD-5300S-03 is among the short BD-ROM.....never mind, TigerDirect description is not entirely correct....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silverstone ML03 HTPC system [with Pics]1