• 35(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
libegl1-mesa-dev is the missing package.
Well looks like maybe this will not work on my system. I'm running debian squeeze on a NAS running Linux 2.6.31.8 armv5tel. With no video card I don't think i'll be able to compile all the right packages.
"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libegl1-mesa-dev: Depends: libdrm-dev (>= 2.4.45) but 2.4.21-1~squeeze3 is installed.
Depends: libwayland-dev which is a virtual package.
libegl1-mesa: Depends: libdrm2 (>= 2.4.25) but 2.4.21-1~squeeze3 is installed.
Depends: libudev1 (>= 183) which is a virtual package.
Depends: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.0.2) which is a virtual package.
Depends: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.0) which is a virtual package.
Depends: libxcb-dri2-0 (>= 1.8) but 1.6-1+squeeze1 is to be installed.
libegl1-mesa-drivers: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17) but 2.11.3-4 is installed.
Depends: libdrm-nouveau2 (>= 2.4.34) which is a virtual package.
Depends: libdrm-radeon1 (>= 2.4.31) but 2.4.21-1~squeeze3 is installed.
Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.6) but 4.4.5-8 is installed.
Depends: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.0) which is a virtual package.
Depends: libx11-6 (>= 2:1.4.99.1) but 2:1.3.3-4+squeeze1 is installed.
libgbm1: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17) but 2.11.3-4 is installed.
Depends: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.0) which is a virtual package."
yes, squeeze is stone age. You'd need to upgrade a lot of stuff.
Still no success stories compiling against Gotham? Would love to switch to fritsches rep. but need my backend. (I'm a noob when it comes to compile errors)
(2014-02-03, 19:13)mason Wrote: Still no success stories compiling against Gotham? Would love to switch to fritsches rep. but need my backend. (I'm a noob when it comes to compile errors)

?
Plenty of people have compiled against Gotham.
Anyone have this working with the commits to master from this weekend? I'm getting the following when trying to compile w/ --enable-shared-lib:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dsputil_mmx.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `ff_pb_80' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
get exactly the same as acandido on 12.04 (following these notes.. http://bootlegninja.awardspace.com/xbmc-...adless.txt)
try with this commit reverted: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/974a...5330673642
Pretty sure that'll fix it, I suspected that one since I compiled friday with no issues... Will build again in a bit with that commit reverted and update this post.

UPDATE: Yup, compiles fine with 974a3c0e97b817ca358a959a026db95330673642 reverted.
I hate to ask, but since I'm a code noob: how do I revert a single commit without reverting the code base to this commit?

edit: never mind, guess I can wait since this seems to break things generally.

editedit: managed to compile successfully from that commit, but now I'm stuck at building the scanner

Code:
make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all
CPP     xbmc/xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:22:37: fatal error: settings/AppParamParser.h: No such file or directory

If I remove the settings path from the include since AppParamParser.h is not in settings I get this:

Code:
make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all
CPP     xbmc/xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o
gcc -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o: In function `main':
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2e): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::Context()'
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text.startup+0xac): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::CAppParamParser()'
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text.startup+0xbe): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::Parse(char const**, int)'
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text.startup+0x138): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3fc): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmcVideoLibraryScan] Error 1
EDIT: Oops, disregard this... Just read your post in more detail Smile

AppParamParser.h isn't in the $SOURCE/xbmc/settings/ directory, it's in $SOURCE/xbmc/. I'm guessing an include line needs to be modified in xbmcVideoLibraryScan, not sure as I only use xbmc-server not the scanner.
edit: first check what acandido said

seems something is broken in your git tree, you miss a file.
reset to upstream, then revert the single commit.

this will restore your git tree to plain xbmc master, don't do this if you added changes you need to keep(or can't add back easily)
assuming your git remote is the default:
Code:
git fetch
git reset --hard origin/master
git revert 974a3c0e97b817ca358a959a026db95330673642 #enter commit msg, save file
git clean -Xfd
(2014-02-03, 19:36)bobbintb Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 19:13)mason Wrote: Still no success stories compiling against Gotham? Would love to switch to fritsches rep. but need my backend. (I'm a noob when it comes to compile errors)

?
Plenty of people have compiled against Gotham.

I compile almost daily and aside form the odd compile breakage usually caused by the contant dev, usually is fine. ATM for instance a PR needs to be added to compile ok in mutithread e.g. when using -j# https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4137 aside from that it should compile just fine unless you want some exotic stuff.

Edit
Howevr I havent tried compiling this against gotham Big Grin so I think my status doesnt aply here Wink
Thanks for your answers, did as told... xbmc compiles fine but stuck at the same error while making xbmcVideoLibraryScan & xbmc-server
eh, what you said makes no sense, either it compiles fine or fails to compile Big Grin
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9