• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Xbmc Hockey Streams Plugin
Ran into some issues with the servers tonight, it's been switched back to the old style streams for now... hopefully will be resolved by tomorrow.

edit: also I am not billy I was just helping him resolve the issues with iStreams/ffmpeg/xbmc.
v2.4.0 released which adds short team names to the UI. Should help with slow scrolling on XBMC for long game titles.
Give the streams a shot again tonight.
Also, short names might confuse some people, maybe they should be off by default or at least more common nicknames?
Looks like the stream is working tonight (currently have the pregame for MON-BOS on). I have to say, it amazes me how much better this player is over flash. My Acer AspireRevo simply can't handle the new 60fps feed in flash this season. This plugin works just fine, though. Looks like I'm watching cable, not a stream.

Thanks for all the great support!
Watching the Habs-Boston pre-game right now. I tried the first stream listed, worked for about a minute, then threw me back into a blank menu. Had to get back into the plugin. Selected the second stream listed, which appears to be the french RDS stream, so far, so good.

Picture quality is really good so far. I'll really only be able to judge once the game starts, I always find when the camera pans, it seems 'choppy'. Looking forward to finally watching a game using this plugin on my TV.

Just a quick comment about the short team names: As a lifelong Habs fan and Montrealer, I have no idea who "Les Rouges" are. I have never heard the Habs called that, lol.
Yeah, the MTL-BOS stream was accidentally started early and then stopped it before game time. All feeds should be working OK now.

And regarding the short names, yeah, a lot of them I've never heard before, looks like they were picked from http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:E...orts_teams

XBMC is currently the best way to playback streams, as it will playback at a smooth 60 fps, and GPU acceleration works properly. Can play the HD streams with <5% CPU usage on my i5.
Ah, ok, that explains things. I hope I don't jinx anything, but so far, the stream is stable.

Regarding picture quality, it's amazing as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the chopiness that I was seeing before when watching in a browser.

The ONLY thing I'm noticing is that every few minutes, the video seems to slow down or get choppy for maybe a second. Is anyone else seeing this or is it only my machine? I'm on a pretty strong computer (high end i3 with an nVidia GPU). I'm seeing very low CPU usage, but I'm not sure where else to look to see whats happening...
How long does the video seem slow/choppy? Haven't noticed any issues like that so far.
It gets slow for about 1 second every 2-3 minutes. I'm trying to check the info on the stream (not even sure what menu it is, it shows up when I press the 'Guide' button on my Harmony Remote. But I'm not really seeing anything change when the slowdowns happen.

I'm on XBMCbuntu if that makes a difference. Curious if maybe Openelec would be better, I did notice certain things were much smoother on that distro...
(2013-03-28, 02:09)guitarguy987 Wrote: It gets slow for about 1 second every 2-3 minutes. I'm trying to check the info on the stream (not even sure what menu it is, it shows up when I press the 'Guide' button on my Harmony Remote. But I'm not really seeing anything change when the slowdowns happen.

I'm on XBMCbuntu if that makes a difference. Curious if maybe Openelec would be better, I did notice certain things were much smoother on that distro...

OpenELEC is the way to go, I have had it setup for 18 months, no problems, super fast and great support on forums.

With regards to short team names, I will be updating the list as time goes on but yes, originally scraped from wikipedia so can be right/wrong. Will look to default this to off in the next version. Also coming up is SD/HD istream support, for lower end machines switching to watch the SD channel may result in much smoother playback.
On that overlay you get when you press guide, are you seeing any dropped frames?
Yeah, I was using Openelec for the past couple months, the only problem is it seems the MythTV addon is not updated often. I use my HTPC as my main STB, and I've had some problems with a few of the cmyth addon versions. The current version in Openelec doesn't allow me to watch my analog SD channels, where as the most recent version does. I just can't seem to update the one contained on Openelec.

Other than that 1 second chopiness that I'm getting, the stream is awesome. Very impressed with the quality. If nobody else is seeing this in their streams, perhaps it's something with my machine. I'll mess around and do some testing...
So during the first intermission, I quickly downloaded the latest stable Openelec and slapped it onto a USB stick. The stream runs smooth as butter, even off a thumb drive. So it must be something with XBMCbuntu, maybe the fact that it has XFCE running behind it, which is causing the stuttering that I'm seeing. Strange...

That said, what a game!
Crazy, crazy game... glad to see you've got it working with OpenELEC.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xbmc Hockey Streams Plugin7