XBMX Booksize that can also run sabnzbd
I am looking for a media centre pc for XBMC(most likely running windows) but I would like one that could also run sabnzbd and sickbeard(using a NAS for storage). I am not opposed to building one but like the idea of a pre build booksize unit with wireless. I have looked around these forums and saw some units, but I am not sure if any of them could also run those 2 programs while using XBMC. I would like to keep the cost of the barebones unit below $200, if at all possible.

Any one have any recommendation, or what type of specs I should be looking at? atom/ion etc..
I use a Zotac AD10 which is $200 for barebones. Runs 1080p XBMC while also hosting my sabnzbd and sickbeard servers. Using windows 7 64bit. Having had any issues even when its extracting. I am using the connection hardwired and have not tested the wireless, but it does have wireless.
Before we get into hardware, lets address the issue of the box that will basically be hamming your network being on wireless. I would never let my sab box be wireless!!!!!

(2012-06-06, 00:36)poofyhairguy Wrote: Before we get into hardware, lets address the issue of the box that will basically be hamming your network being on wireless. I would never let my sab box be wireless!!!!!

I agree with you completely. However, from personal experience, I set up SAB for a friend on a Revo 3700 which is hooked up wireless. He has a usb attached external 2TB drive for his media collection. It isn't ideal by any means, but it does work. He just schedules SAB to only work in the middle of the night.

To each his own, right? Wink
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMX Booksize that can also run sabnzbd0