Newbie help please.
I am a new apple owner and i purchased an airport extreme w/ attached usb HD, macbook air OS x lion(installed xbmc). Now the thing is i dont know how to add movies located on my HD attached to the Extreme BS. Any help is needed. thanks. I tried adding my ip address to the add source in xbmc but still not getting it done.
anyone?
(2012-06-04, 09:18)Bj David Wrote: I am a new apple owner and i purchased an airport extreme w/ attached usb HD, macbook air OS x lion(installed xbmc). Now the thing is i dont know how to add movies located on my HD attached to the Extreme BS. Any help is needed. thanks. I tried adding my ip address to the add source in xbmc but still not getting it done.

Open the Airport Utility, select the base station, select "Disks" tab, select "Enable file sharing" option, press update button and the base station will reboot. The drive(s) will now show up on the SHARED devices list in a finder window. Select the drive and it will be mounted on your desktop. From there you can access the drive.

Something to keep in mind, the Airport Extreme base station does allow file sharing but it is not a NAS so you may find that you could end up get a lot of rebuffering issues when you start playing movies using the Airport Extreme base station. I know this because I have actually tried that exact same thing. I ended up using my Mac as a file server to stream my movies.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie help please.0