To AMD gpu users with audio problems!
Hi,

Awhile back I knew a few people had problems with the HDMI audio becoming disconnected when switching channels on/ turning off the tv.
I myself had this problem with my HD6450 card.

Just to let those people know that the Catalyst 12.6 BETA drivers solve this problem.
The link: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...6beta.aspx

It says it right there in the patch notes: "Disabled HDMI audio when the connected HDTV is powered Off/On."

Greets!
I wonder if this would solve the issue with my A6-3500 system. No matter what I do, using the onboard HDMI port, it sees the TV as a DVI display, not an HDMI display. HOWEVER, when using an older ATi DVI->HDMI adaptor that came with a Radeon 4650, it then sees the TV as an HDMI display and does HDMI audio fine... Over the DVI port.

It's kinda, ya know, stupid.
Yes, things things drive people nuts. DJ, yours sounds like an EDID / driver problem. It might be worth trying 12.6.
(2012-06-09, 19:41)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Yes, things things drive people nuts. DJ, yours sounds like an EDID / driver problem. It might be worth trying 12.6.

I'll try 12.6 when it's out of alpha. Thing is, why would EDID work correctly over a DVI->HDMI adaptor but not the onboard HDMI port? Meanwhile, if I hook my Sandy Bridge laptop to my TV over HDMI, it dings that thing up as an HDMI display with audio right away.

Whatever, if it works in 12.6 I'll be happy to remove the silly little adaptor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To AMD gpu users with audio problems!0