Mac Mini or Build own HTPC?
My question is should I just buy a Mac Mini or build my own HTPC. As for what is used for is playing my own DVD and Blu-Ray rips plus streaming from websites directly.I am looking for a pretty powerful machine that I will not need to upgrade in a year or 2. If HTPC is the way to go could someone please post some info on what I would need for parts as I have never built a computer myself but would love to learn.Price is not an object for the HTPC if it will compare to the MAc Mini or better. Anywhere to get these parts in Canada would also be a nice bonus. Thanx in advance.
After doing some reading about the A6-Pack, would it be a better machine than the Mac Mini with a 2.3 GHz i5 and Intel HD 3000 graphics?
(2012-06-11, 01:37)goofygames Wrote: After doing some reading about the A6-Pack, would it be a better machine than the Mac Mini with a 2.3 GHz i5 and Intel HD 3000 graphics?

What do you mean by better? A Mac Mini will play everything, is silent, and has an excellent form factor. Do you have any specific needs not mentioned in your post? Because if not the Mac Mini will do everything you need it to do.
From reading on here the mac mini will not do everything. As for specific needs, not really. How about price comparison?
When he says specific needs he means things like HD audio or 3D. If you don't want either of them I would stick with a Mac Mini unless you really want to build your own.
go for a mac mini for the easy life. it'll do everything well (Although my MBP has struggled with pseudoTV due to sound fluctuations).

for the price of a mac mini, you can get a really nice gaming PC or a gaming/htpc hybrid which I think would be pretty awesome.

also lion as an OS has been shit for me recently.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini or Build own HTPC?0