mac mini models video card , experiences
Going to buy a new mac mini and want to know the experiences playing files between the two models specific high bitrate movies !

Intel GMA HD 3000 vs. AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB GDDR5 GPU.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I just purchased a 2011 model Mac Mini with the Radeon 6630M.

It's running Mountain Lion and for now, just 4GB of memory.

Running XBMC Eden and it's working perfectly playing back 1080p/24 MKVs with HD Audio (output as LPCM) over HDMI.

I've also play home video shot as 1080p/60i M2TS container (AVCHD) and Dolby Digital 5.1 without any issue. This is mostly home video.

The media is mounted over AFP from my server room where the drives are (currently) connected via Firewire 800.

--

I had some issues with video stuttering when I started playback that would only resolve once I hit FF, RW, or pause/play.

I resolved this in the Video Playback settings by inserting a pause delay of 4 seconds to allow the monitor (TV) to synch to the refresh rate of the video. Voila!

--

Cheers!
thanks a lot..... I finally bought the Intel one, the ATI were too over budget.

But am happy with my purchase i just upgrade the RAM and the mini is killing, it plays everything flawlessly, now to buy a QNAP to replace my old media server and everything set.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
also running on the intel gpu on the server model. No probs with playback.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I did the same as reaven. Baseline Mini plus a RAM upgrade to 8GB (16GB of 1333MHz laptop RAM was a pain to find at local stores, and is probably overkill).

I've never had a playback issue with anything of any bitrate/resolution.
I did notice some movies get an slightly short pause or hiccup at the beginning not sure what can be causing that ...
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mac mini models video card , experiences 0