Advice for Dual TV Setup
Hi,

I have two rooms with separate amp / TVs (family room and cinema room).

I have all my blue rays ripped to a Synology NAS.

I want to stream the movies to both TV's independantly (I dont want to for example start to watch movies on one screen then finish on the other).

My NAS is 80% full, and I am not sue which of the following approaches to take, main issue is not so much cost but quality of playback ie 1080p with DTS-HD and 3D blue ray rips. I do have concerns after seeing the threads on the 24p issue.

1) replace the NAS with my rack server which would always be on and would run XBMC via LAN to amps .... dont even know if this is possible
2) build one custom PC with dual HDMI running XBMC .... again dont know if its possible to configure this to work
3) build two custom HTPC's and configure both for NAS network share, just buy another NAS when current is full. Connect an HTPC directly to each AMP via HDMI.

Any recommendations gratefully received

I would recommend 3, as it would be the only option that would give you the full XBMC GUI on both TVs.
Yep 3
(2012-06-30, 17:54)denevil Wrote: 1) replace the NAS with my rack server which would always be on and would run XBMC via LAN to amps .... dont even know if this is possible
LAN to amp? What would you put in the middle?
(2012-06-30, 17:54)denevil Wrote: 2) build one custom PC with dual HDMI running XBMC .... again dont know if its possible to configure this to work
You can have several users logged in at the same time on different X sessions. Not only you could have different XBMC configs but you could also compile latest XBMC and install it to ~/bin. This way you could have bleeding edge build for testing on one tv and a stable build for another one. The only problem would be finding dual HDMI PC without two dedicated GPUs. Running APU and GPU together, especially if they use different drivers could be problematic. I would probably just use HDMI for one tv and connect another tv using dvi adapter and just use s/pdif for sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice for Dual TV Setup0