Preferred practise regarding displayswitching
Hi!
I have an xbmc setup connected to a plasma and a projector. I have a need so be able to switch between these desplays with a remote button or similar.
Searched around but didnt find any final solution to my problem but i guess a lot of people uses xbmc this way. I cant unfortunately clone and turn the unused display off since the resolutions need to be different. Otherwise that would have been one solution. So just want to know how you guys solve this? I use a windows 7 setup with an Asus e45m1-i deluxe board btw.
I have the exact same question. I have 2 TV's and 1 computer. I want to switch between the TV's using a remote button, or through an HTTP command to switch the Video Output > Display Mode to another fullscreen #.

Even if there was a way to toggle the options around, where I could press the button and it would switch around till I saw it on my TV, that would be a huge help.

Please someone help us! Big Grin
Is it possible to hit the Winkey + P and swap? I have two different resolution displays and it works for me with an ATI gfx card.
PetK: Yes that works except it seems like xbmc disappears, maximizing dont bring it back(until for example a reboot). I dont mind utilizing a script for it but it feels like this should be a very common htpc scenario so i thought that there perhaps existed a ready solution och add-in och 3rd party script or something for doing this.
And i should add: win+p feels like a bad solution in itself. A solution not dependant on an existing screen, and easily triggered by remote, is much better.
Quote:...but it feels like this should be a very common htpc scenario...

no, not really.
Asking if it worked, would allow us to come up with a suitable script to toggle the display switch. Having XBMC disappear on 2nd display is an issue...does this behaviour happen regardless of windowed or full screen mode? My thoughts are that it's opening on the 2nd screen to the wrong screen size... can you toggle \ slash to get it back on second screen in any mode? (what if you included <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> in your advanced settings).
I have created a solution for Multi-screen setup a while ago. It allows you to extend from screen 1 to screen 2 and back again to screen 1 by a push of a button from your MCE remote "Windows systems with Nivida or ATI AMD Radeon cards are supported". Then after you start XBMC you can configure XBMC on which screen to always start "this step will have to be done only once" but bear in mind that the screen you want XBMC to start on must always be active before XBMC starts.

So if its screen 2, then press the remote button "you can configure any button to send [CTRL+F11] without the brackets" it will extend to screen 2 and activate the sound driver for that screen!

I presume that you lot have your remotes already setup so I will not direct you to my full setup instead you can follow the steps below to be able to use the relevant part only.

1- Download Autohotkey, during the installation select the right version for your OS, i.e. 32bit or 64bit.

2- Download Disp_Ext_Script_v0.412.zip unzip the script and place it in your windows startup folder so every time you restart your system the script will automatically launch and wait for your command. to run the script for the first time just double click on it. then you will find it running in your task bar.

3- Thats all, make sure you configure any of your remote buttons to send CTRL+F11 and you should be good to go. Test the script and hopefully it should work for you.

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preferred practise regarding displayswitching0