3D HTPC IvyBridge Build (now w/ pics)
Image[/img]

here is the stuff prior to assembly
Did you connect the 12V ATX (4 pin or 8 pin depending on the board)? I have seen some people forget to do this.
yea i made sure everything was connected 100 times, if i remember it was a 4 pin too... but hell let me know what i did wrong later... trust me he wont let me forget it...
I have run into a few 8pin boards that will not power up with just a 4pin PSU 12V plug from the PSU (this is admittedly not common). You may want to try a 4pin to 8pin adapter if you have one or can get one cheap somewhere.

That's assuming the board is 8pin of course.
no, i think it was 4 too. doesnt make a difference now though since its running. gonna do all the installs tonight before i go to the movies.
(2012-07-05, 17:16)mikev927 Wrote: no, i think it was 4 too. doesnt make a difference now though since its running. gonna do all the installs tonight before i go to the movies.

Missed that. Glad you got it working.
(2012-07-02, 17:40)mikev927 Wrote: CPU:
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
You'll enjoy the speed of your new HTPC.....I'm glad that it is running fine now.....good luck!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks blu!
i wanted to get an ib processor and something that can multitask without having to worry about any speed issues in the future as i add things.

is there anyway to add a program that will let me stream sporting events from other areas. my fiance and i are huge saints fans but living in nj is almost impossible to get the games.
got home. htpc is up and running and already rippin my blus! god why didnt i do this earlier in life?!
what was the issue?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
i was missing a plug... smh... to be fair, i had hidden it somehow and even my brother took a little while to figure it out... but its running and im already ripping my fav movies (Jurassic Park series)!
Make sure to keep us updated. Sounds like a great build.
(2012-07-05, 23:42)mikev927 Wrote: i was missing a plug... smh... to be fair, i had hidden it somehow and even my brother took a little while to figure it out... but its running and im already ripping my fav movies (Jurassic Park series)!

what plug? do you mean a connector? atx 4 pin? or what?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
the 4 pin atx wasnt plugged in lrusak

ill post some pics after i get some more blus ripped. taking about 29 min per blu to rip... using makemkv and just ripping movies
(2012-07-06, 00:20)mikev927 Wrote: the 4 pin atx wasnt plugged in lrusak

ill post some pics after i get some more blus ripped. taking about 29 min per blu to rip... using makemkv and just ripping movies

That's what I thought it might be. A very common oversight and something I have done myself on my very first build or two.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D HTPC IvyBridge Build (now w/ pics)1