Win XBMC uPnP Headache
Sad 
Hi there,

I currently have the windows version of xbmc running on Windows Home Server 2011, on a HP Proliant Microserver. From day 1, for some reason I haven't been able to get uPnP working. For some reason even when it is turned on, I can't get the library to show up on any other devices! The only libraries I get are Windows Media Player ones from the same server.

Could this be anything to do with ports or anything like that? I've been trying for a long time to get it working and I'm beyond frustration. I'd love to be able to stream stuff to iPad, Android tablets, Phones, stuff like that, but it's currently not possible.

Incase it is to do with ports, XBMC http is port 8080, sabnzbd is port 8081, sick beard is port 8082.

Thanks,

Phynicen
Oh and as an update, I just checked on the server. For some reason the XBMC Library is showing up on Windows Media Player on the server itself, but not on other devices! How confusing Sad
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas what could be wrong?
That almost sounds like a general UPnP issue is going on in your network if a UPnP server (XBMC, in this case) isn't showing up on any device except for itself. Might want to test to see if this is a case by downloading and testing some other UPnP server application, run it on the same box as XBMC, and see if other computers/devices on your network can see that.
I'm actually having the same issue myself. I had previously been using tversity intermittantly, and was attempting to switch to xbmc for more frequent usage, and now neither works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC uPnP Headache0