newbee question about ios apple tv 2
can i ask a qestion about whats the best ios to have your apple tv 2 on for least problems ? with xmbc etc or are all updates best used on newest ios? i dont currently know what mines on as it been ordered offline and havent got it yet as its going to be new and maufactured 2010 i would asume it going to an old ios
thanks...................................................br
Better to keep below 4.3 as iOS uses less resources so has more available for XBMC is the general consensus.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
wicked thanks deanmv so when i get it check in setting general about look for 4.3 ? is it possible to downgrade these tvs if i need to ? thanks ....................................................br
Not without SHSH blobs which you won't have as you have to save them from each version. XBMC will work on any iOS software and personally I didn't notice much difference between pre-4.3 and post-4.3 but apparently it's the best for 4.3 or below.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
it depends on what you like to have on there.
I, personally prefer the new Layout and some channels which came with 5....

But if you don't use any of them and are OK with the old layout, then try to stay with 4.3, as deanmv noted.

If you buy a new ATV2, then you should have already 5.something on there. But no worries, XBMC works extremely well under the most current version.
(2012-07-14, 01:38)deanmv Wrote: Not without SHSH blobs which you won't have as you have to save them from each version. XBMC will work on any iOS software and personally I didn't notice much difference between pre-4.3 and post-4.3 but apparently it's the best for 4.3 or below.

thanks for the info and your opinion it will help me decide when i get it i was hoping it might be here this morning thanks ....................br
(2012-07-14, 02:18)Kaiserlein Wrote: it depends on what you like to have on there.
I, personally prefer the new Layout and some channels which came with 5....

But if you don't use any of them and are OK with the old layout, then try to stay with 4.3, as deanmv noted.

If you buy a new ATV2, then you should have already 5.something on there. But no worries, XBMC works extremely well under the most current version.

hi Kaiserlein i was asking about the ios as as soon as i joined the forum there were forum member having problems on the new firmware ios 5x and was wandering weather it just might be best to stick the older version if it comes with that all ready loaded on the tv thanks for the reply along with deanvm .......................br

do you think it would be better for a thank button on here ?? regards
there is the "+/-" button under each post Wink. Btw - what does "br" mean?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
best regards...
thx Smile learned somthing ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
glad to help ;-)
hay i have my tv now its firmware 5.0.1 .4.4.4 is this ok to jailbreak ? and i want to install xbmc and plex is there a basic easy install example i can follow ??..........................br
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2
hay jester thanks really appreciate the help .............................br

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbee question about ios apple tv 20