• 8(current)
Solved 64bit XBMC
Not nfs related but just want to report that the latest test build cause issue with some addons

Code:
14:33:07.946 T:3404   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Cardo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\default.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                if sys.argv == ['']:
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

14:33:08.154 T:7572   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Cardo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\startup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                context = Context()
                                              File "C:\Users\Cardo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_context.py", line 41, in __init__
                                                self._uri = sys.argv[0]
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full log: http://pastebin.com/KpJnjaZL

No more issue as soon as I go back to the previous test build
Moanbag is in da place!
Thanks for testing, but this issue isn't 64-Bit specific.
It was introduced by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11814 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11860 will fix once it gets merged.
The long of the short here is to upgrade your OS to a 64bit OS if your concern is using large size hard Drives. It has nothing to with KODI as much as it does the constraints of your PC's OS.
Not sure I follow ^^ but the main benefit (media playback-wise) is the more efficient software decoding.
The latest version works flawlessly for me, NFS and all. Many parts of KODI feel much snappier than in its 32bit little sister. Will switch to this for my daily driver now. Thanks for your efforts!
After some more tests I'd say the 64bit build is really usuable, but as someone else pointed out, some add-on don't compile that did before. Amongst those are youtube, cu lyrics or skin widgets.
You may have misunderstood something. Add-ons like youtube don't get compiled during Kodi compilation.
There was some wrong code in Kodi (for all platforms, not only Windows 64-Bit) which lead to some errors in these add-ons. It should be fixed with the latest test-build.
(2017-03-21, 10:35)Rechi Wrote: You may have misunderstood something. Add-ons like youtube don't get compiled during Kodi compilation.
There was some wrong code in Kodi (for all platforms, not only Windows 64-Bit) which lead to some errors in these add-ons. It should be fixed with the latest test-build.

I confirm it is fixed
Moanbag is in da place!
I also confirm fixation :-)
(2017-03-17, 17:24)jpdraven Wrote: The long of the short here is to upgrade your OS to a 64bit OS if your concern is using large size hard Drives. It has nothing to with KODI as much as it does the constraints of your PC's OS.

Er, think you have the wrong thread or idea. 64 bit OS has absolutly nothing to do with large hard drives!

Accoring to Steam 64 bit Windows is on >85% of PC's now so any benefits will be felt to the vast majority of users.

Is there any 'plan' to make 64 bit an official option with Leia? I'm guessing in the longer term Kodi would switch to 64 bit only, rather than maintaining 2 versions
Been playing with latest build for almost 24 hours and I must say, BRAVO! Kodi was already great, but the only downside was when I played games on my secondary screen. Movies would lag and play catch up, nothing extremely serious but annoying as hell. CPU usage was at 15% when playing 1080p HEVC files and now it barely gets higher than 2% usage. Everything else sits at 1% solid. Much too long for this too finally come around, but grateful nonetheless!
(2017-03-22, 17:38)jools5000 Wrote: Accoring to Steam 64 bit Windows is on >85% of PC's now so any benefits will be felt to the vast majority of users.

Is there any 'plan' to make 64 bit an official option with Leia? I'm guessing in the longer term Kodi would switch to 64 bit only, rather than maintaining 2 versions

Agreed, seems completely unnecessary to have a 32bit windows Kodi version. I suspect Steams stats are actually conservative when considering home users that have PCs made within the last 5 years... they are all pre-installed with only 64 bit Win.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2017-03-26, 00:44)Livin Wrote: Agreed, seems completely unnecessary to have a 32bit windows Kodi version. I suspect Steams stats are actually conservative when considering home users that have PCs made within the last 5 years... they are all pre-installed with only 64 bit Win.
The windows 10 tablet I bought last year is 32 bit only - as is any other pc with a 32-bit uefi.
As far as I know there's no official decision yet, but if testing continues to go well I expect official 32bit and 64bit packages for Leia. We will want at least one release with both available so if any issues occur with the 64 bit install there is still the 32 bit as fallback.
(2017-03-26, 01:16)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 00:44)Livin Wrote: Agreed, seems completely unnecessary to have a 32bit windows Kodi version. I suspect Steams stats are actually conservative when considering home users that have PCs made within the last 5 years... they are all pre-installed with only 64 bit Win.
The windows 10 tablet I bought last year is 32 bit only - as is any other pc with a 32-bit uefi.
Fairly sure that is only on tablets and super low-end stuff. Solution = don't buy those ;-)

2 months ago I bought two Dell I5 PCs for $300 each... they run 64bit. And so do thier even less expensive i3 and Celeron versions - which are around $200 to start.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64bit XBMC0