• 11(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
Yes its been back since Monday.
Sadly I've had to revoke the key for this Add-on and requested it be marked as broken in the official repository.

I simply can't keep up with the millions of hits a day from this scraper unless we get some kind of bandwidth solution.

I did my best trying to keep the site alive but receiving a bill each month for 25%+ 3TB bandwidth usage isn't nice! Wink
I'm not happy about the decision but it's understandable of course. And all these hits come from the music video scraper alone? Looking around the forum I would come to believe there are hardly users who even use music videos in kodi. What about the album and artist scrapers? I mean these must produce a multiple of the music video scraper.
Yeh I know what you mean, we had 12 million hits in the last 2 months though and looking through the data a lot of them are for tvshows ect.

I assume its those silly android boxes that come pre configured that are causing it, but who knows.

I'm sure we will find a solution, but for now I need to keep the site running for all the other API users.

EDIT: You may want to take a look at this scraper which I tested and worked a while back

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205755
That scraper is working but does not find many videos sadly. And this where we face a problem with videos in kodi. Without scraping it's not possible to add them to the database. I know nfo files work too, but it's just a hassle to create them and additional info (album artwork in the case of music videos) can't get added.

Don't get me wrong, I really understand your decision and I appreciate all the the work you've put into theaudiodb. It's just my frustration about the situation speaking.
I understand the problem aswell. But its pretty sad it isn't working anymore. I loved that feature. Like DarkHelmet said. It's hard to add it manually.

I totally understand the traffic problem. Wouldn't it be possible to make something like service against payment? I know it is free and you can donate. But it's sad it isn't working anymore. I would pay for a monthly premium access or something like that.
Can't find the options to disable this scrapper in Kodi, can anybody give me a hint?
Hi zag,

sad to hear that the scraper is off-line. I donated a few bucks not long ago, but probably total costs are very high with this volume.

Do you have any idea how this can be solved e.g. paid accounts? I would be willing to pay a certain amount for the service as I really like to use music videos with Kodi.

P.S. Perhaps it would be good to place a notification on the website.

Thx!
(2015-11-10, 10:15)kwasimodo Wrote: Hi zag,

sad to hear that the scraper is off-line. I donated a few bucks not long ago, but probably total costs are very high with this volume.

Do you have any idea how this can be solved e.g. paid accounts? I would be willing to pay a certain amount for the service as I really like to use music videos with Kodi.

P.S. Perhaps it would be good to place a notification on the website.

Thx!

Thanks for the donation, it actually kept the site going and paid the extra bills I was getting Wink

In the future there will be another scraper I believe, just not the default scraper for Kodi.
Thanks for the quick reply.

(2015-11-10, 11:23)zag Wrote: Thanks for the donation, it actually kept the site going and paid the extra bills I was getting Wink
Nice to hear

(2015-11-10, 11:23)zag Wrote: In the future there will be another scraper I believe, just not the default scraper for Kodi.
Where can we find updates on the new scraper? In this forum?
I see people asking how to disable this as it is forced to be enabled, but they have all been ignored. Will somebody please answer them and me?
If somone manuelly add musicvideos to kodi. I wrote a command line programm to easly create a nfo file for musicvideos. If somone is intressted I could upload it.
New alternative scraper Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247167
chrisvl,

No reason to disable it. Just don't use it. The scraper does nothing on your system until 'you' instruct kodi to use it when adding a source. Or if you must, remove it altogether in the addons folder of the Kodi install.
(2015-11-04, 12:06)zag Wrote: EDIT: You may want to take a look at this scraper which I tested and worked a while back

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205755

Zag, do you have any means to get in contact with the author of that scraper? The scraper adds the album as the artist too. This was apparently done, because there was no titles view on artist level (*all albums). This view was added in Isengard so that the workaround that the scraper implemented is no longer necessary and adds wrong metadata to the library.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4