Sound starting muted
I have only been using xbmc for a short time. I had a mate set it up for me and all has been working well until yesterday.

When I start xbmc I get a sound muted logo at the top of the screen and when I play a movie/TV Show the volume is set to -60dB and I obviously can't hear anything.

I can adjust the volume in xbmc back up to 0dB for normal hearing which stays that way until I reload xbmc and I get the same issue all over.

I have pressed the "Set default for all movies" button I don't know how many times which appears to do nothing.

No matter what I set the sound muted logo stays there on all screens including playing and the menus which is the most annoying part.

I am running 11.0 on windows 7 and the sound is coming from a 6450 sapphire HDMI output. I know about and am dealing with the 6450s issue relating to sound when switching inputs on the TV and I don't think the xbmc problem I'm having is related.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Press F8.
I'm not sure how I fixed it but I did.

Had a look at keyboard commands and turned the volume up and down in the menu and it seems to be fixed

I will keep F8 in mind incase it happens again.

Thanks for your help.
(2012-07-15, 07:15)kricker Wrote: Press F8.

F8 WORKED FOR ME! CONFIRMED! THANK YOU USER!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound starting muted0