Not scanning all my shows in
I'm trying to scan all of my shows into however it is not scanning all of them in only a small portion of them

I try to force another scan but it does not detect anything and after about 10-15 seconds the scanning for new content bar disappears

I am using the latest Openelec 1.95.5

I am using NFS shares to my Windows Home Server

I have a MySQL sync database setup

Here is my latest log I do not know how to read this to detect what is the cause could someone help me out I have tried with and without metadata in the folders

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5121

Some of the shows have metadata and some don't because I don't have them in my NZBDrone Queue which creates the metadata when the shows are added

Also here is my folder and file structuring

TV SHOWS/According To Jim/Season 01/According to Jim.1x01.Pilot[SDTV].avi

Update

I am not sure if this is the cause or the only cause however looking at some of the shows it gets to before stopping it seems it stops on episodes with things like ! ? '

Like 30 Rock just stopped on the episode

30 Rock.5x13.Que Sorpresa![SDTV].avi

It also had a ,| in front of it or some reason so removed that

I figured this may be naming issue as they usually are but I have not changed the names on them in a while so not sure why they wouldn't scan in again

Does it only happen for NFS? I wonder whether the files aren't returning utf8.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-17, 09:44)jmarshall Wrote: Does it only happen for NFS? I wonder whether the files aren't returning utf8.

I will try it I don't think switching to samba makes any difference but I will check again

It scanned in about 45 of 228 shows the rest will only scan in if it annually doing it one at at time and sometimes it will take a couple attempts to scan a show with several seasons in it

Did you notice any issues with my folder structure or naming format I want to be able to rule that out

Update smb seems to be scanning them in without issue so maybe your thought of NFS not using utf-8 might be correct I have tried googling to find out how to set in this windows home server 2011 however I cannot find any guides on how to do it

I do also have a suspicion that it may be MySQL that is causing it as the default for MySQL is latin1 I am going to try changing it to UTF8 and see if this fixes the issue
Ok I think i have fixed it I will confirm once my database is fully scanned it but it got up and scanned that 30 rock episode I was having it stop on before because of the Spanish characters on it

You were right jmarshall it appeared it wasn't detecting the some of the episodes but it was MySQL that was causing it seeing as MySQL is set to Latin1 by default I followed the instructions on this page

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Converting_...se_to_UTF8

And converted it to UTF8 now for now at least it appears to be scanning correctly will post an update once confirmed or not hopefully this can help someone else out so they don't have to spend 3 days like me troubleshooting the issue

I may even post a step by step guide but it is late now so maybe when I get a chance

Ok after scanning more in it is still doing it so I have just resorted to scanning the shows in manually

It seems to stop if a file has a ' apostrophe in it or some other punctuation including the Spanish and European characters like squiggly line or two little dots on letters

I have had to remove these characters from some episodes to get it to scan in even manually
I suspect it's NFS - we don't convert the filenames we get from NFS at all, so if they're not UTF8, and XBMC injects them straight into the database, there'll be issues. This might explain why smb works?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-07-19, 00:00)jmarshall Wrote: I suspect it's NFS - we don't convert the filenames we get from NFS at all, so if they're not UTF8, and XBMC injects them straight into the database, there'll be issues. This might explain why smb works?

is there a way around this to get nfs to work i would prefer based on speed increase to use nfs over smb i even did a youtube video on it to show the difference in speed

First step is getting docs on libnfs to see whether it's supposed to give us utf8.

For what it's worth - I've just run into a similar problem...

If a folder for a TV Series contain an apostrophe it doesn't get scanned into the library. If an episode contains an apostrophe it doesn't appear in the library either.

If a Smart Playlist is created using "path contains", the Smart Playlist stops getting populated at the folder with the apostrophe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not scanning all my shows in0