Linux Problem with outputting the correct resolution
Hi all

Ok so I have a bit of a problem that I apparently isn't clever enough to solve on my own Undecided

I am very much a newbie when it comes to Linux, so please bear with me in case of stupid questions.

I recently installed the latest version of XBMCbuntu on my HTPC. It's an Intel DH61AG motherboard and an i3 2120T CPU. It is connected via the HDMI port to an Onkyo TX-NR809 which is connected to a JVC HD550 1080p projector.

First of I installed the OS using another monitor which went ok. After installation I tried hooking it up to the projector and this is where my problems began.

I can see the initial boot screen (press delete to enter bios) but after that no image is displayed. The OSD of the projector shows that a video signal that cannot be used in this unit has been input. It is possible for me to SSH into the HTPC so it boots ok.

I have tried both connecting the HTPC using HDMI through the Receiver and also a direct connection from the HTPC to the Projector. Same result in both cases. If I connect using DVI-D-HDMI the projector displays everything as it should.

As mentioned I am very much a newbie when it comes to Linux so all my attempts so far have been unsuccessful. I tried to edit xorg.conf but it didn't make any difference. I am assuming that it is primarily because of me :-) When using the xrandr command I get the error "can't open display".

What can / should I do to get this to work? The easy solution would of course be to simply install Win 7 again, but that is not an option currently :-)

Kind regards
Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with outputting the correct resolution0