Remuxing and adding metadata
Does anyone know of any easy application or script that will remux mkv files to m4v (transcoding AC-3 to AAC where necessary) and add metadata?

OS X has a really nice app called iFlicks that will watch a folder, and anything that gets dropped into it will be converted quickly (via remux) to m4v files, tagged with TV Show metadata, and added to the iTunes library. All I have to do is point my downloading program at this folder and everything is taken care of automatically.

Since my HTPC is a Linux box (and getting OS X on there has proven troublesome), I can't use iFlicks to do all this. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this or could point me in the right direction. I've found remuxing scripts, and those are great, but I'd really like something that can scrape TheTVDB for metadata and add that too.

The reason for all of this is my ideal HTPC experience is one box that downloads TV shows and plays them using XBMC, but also has iTunes running (through WINE, probably) that, through "Home Sharing" shares the media with my iPhone and iPad, and I can use the native apps on my iOS devices for accessing this content.

Anybody know where I can get started with this? I tried posting in Off-Topic but I didn't have permission to post there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remuxing and adding metadata0