XBMC Eden + Pana TH-P50ST50A + CEC +Zotac ND22
Hi Team,
can someone please explain this to me:
1. If the TV support CEC and
2. HDMI video + audio are working and
3. I assume XBMC Eden can "speak' CEC

Why I can't control my xbmc device from VieraLink ?

The threads I have found in relation to CEC all talk about using Plust-Eight.
My understaning is that his is needed if your TV does not 'speak' CEC ?

Am I missing something ?

cheers,
dg
Your TV speaks CEC, but the computer doesn't speak CEC over it's HDMI port. I can't recall the reason, off hand. Most computers will require an adapter such as the Pulse Eight CEC adapter.
Hi Ned,
thanks for the reply; I’ve ordered my pulse-8 adapter.
Considering the convergence of PC/HTPC etc I am surprised the motherboard manufacturers have not included CEC.
I guess it’s only a matter of time.
I'll probably be old and grey by then and lost interest.

Does anyone know of any motherboards that support CEC, I wonder ?

cheers,
dg
Hi Team,
just received by pulse-8 adapter;
I installed the lib first, then plugged in the adapter and ......... worked like a charm :-)
Good to hear!
Pulse-eight now provides an internal adapter (as opposed to the external usb adapter) which works with select intel boards. I have one set up with my DQ77KB. It works well. Pulse-eight said it would only work with the onboard HDMI, which is true. However, I have my TV hooked up via a Dedicated GPU and the CEC still works as long as another HDMI cable is hooked up to the onboard HDMI. The TV and HTPC (which is a NES HTPC btw) turn on and off together and the TV remote controls XBMC, but the sound system isnt turning on with the TV as it did before the HTPC CEC was connected. Looking into getting all three working together...

Update: Turns on both. XBMC->settings->system->input->peripherals->cec adapter. "Devices to power on/off" : "0,5". '0' is the TV and '5' the BluRay/Audio Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden + Pana TH-P50ST50A + CEC +Zotac ND220