mysql/database help
Set up:
Computer A (Desk Top) (Server)
Computer B (HTPC)
Both have XBMC Eden installed and mySQL successfully installed and working properly (I think)
Movies folder on server contains two sub folders (film pulse and movies) and a folder named TV shows
The TV shows folder and all of its contents are successfully shared on every instance of XBMC
Everything in the film pulse sub-directory shows up on the desk top but not the HTCP
Things in the movie sub-directory also show up on the desk top , but only a few things show up on the HTPC
Let it also be known that the library count on both machines equals the total amount of files in the database but the HTPC only 'half fills'
Can anyone help me?
Sounds like the access rights for the movies folder are messed up.
Make sure that the movies folder's security and share settings are inherited to its subfolders completely and that the user who is logged on on the htpc also exists on the desktop/server with the same username and password (otherwise just give access to "Everyone", if that suits you better).
(I suppose you're running Windows... if not, tell us Smile )
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
i am running windows. would my problem be also solved by make 2 different folders instead of 2 sub folders in 1 main folder?
The count of subfolders doesn't matter, only the correct settings for the mainfolder you want to share.
Try comparing the share's settings directly on your desktop/server of one folder that shows up on both machines with those of one that only shows up on your desktop - if the settings are the issue, you'll recognize differences.

Which Windows are you running on your machines?
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
windows 7. the physical count is 96, the count on desktop is 96, shows 96, the htpc xbmc says 96 but only physically shows 30 or so.
So, did you compare the share's settings as I suggested in my previous post?
How have you setup the shares anyway? Using Win7-Homegroups?
Are these Win7-Home-Editions you are using?
I do believe that the culprit is the inheritance of the share's settings, but without more information on how you try to share your mediafolders, it remains a bit hazy for me...
For further simple testing: can you access ALL the shares directly from the htpc's explorer using an UNC-path in the addressline, e.g. \\ip-of-server\sharename? If all folders are listed, try open any of them and test if you can access the files manually. If you get errors like "Access denied", you need to work on the share's settings.
Bye,
Fry
both computers run windows 7 ultimate. no homegroups.all file are working with manual access. it should also be noted that the htpc says 'randomitems.py failed' whenever xbmc is loaded if that helps.
(2012-08-07, 01:00)SeLoH0000 Wrote: (...) it should also be noted that the htpc says 'randomitems.py failed' whenever xbmc is loaded if that helps.

Oh, there is an error thrown - didn't hear of that until now...
Suggest you make a full debug.log provoking the error on the htpc and, if that log doesn't give you the right hint for resolving your problem, upload it to pastebin and link it here.

Besides: if there is any information concerning your systems that could be of help - please let us know. It took us six posts just to find out that my first suggestion wasn't right... Confused

Bye,
Fry
fyi solved. nothing worse on a forum than a problem and no solution. must have been a bug, a simple reinstall of xbmc and a cleaning of he database was all it took.
I need Help too, my issue is that i have all the systems running the same build and version of Frodo (HTPC, Raspberry Pi, Pivos Xios).

My advancedsetting.xml looks like this with the *'s being the IP address of the HTPC

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.***.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

(I have no Library previously set up)

1. Ok so on my main HTPC I put the advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder.
2. I added my sources and set the content.
3. XBMC scrapped with no problem and added a library database in MySql called "Myvideos68"
4. I placed the same advancedsettings.xml, and copied my sources.xml to the userdata folder of my XIOS and Raspberry Pi
5. I launched XBMC on the XIOS and the PI but the library did not exist.
6. So Set content on my sources and the XIOS and it began to scrape, but when I check mysql it created a new database called "Myvideos67"
7. I cleared out the library and updated the advancedsettings.xml file to include <name>Myvideos68</name> (on all systems)
8. Launched XBMC on the XIOS again and still no library.
9. I set content for my sources on the XIOS and it began scrapping but this time it didn't create a new database in mysql.

My question is, do i have to set the content and refresh the library data on each machine for this to work? because if so that is in no way time saving.
How I thought this was suppose to work was as soon as you launch XBMC on any other system the library would just show up. ie recently added movies.

The sources are in the format of SMB://***.***.***.***/Movies/
The problem here is that the builds are mismatched. The HTPC is running a newer copy of the XBMC code than the XIOS and the R-Pi. That's why the MyVideos db version number was different. It can't be forced to a different version number using the <name> tag.

That's the tricky part in using development builds like this. While for the most part things are in-sync across different platforms, right now I'm guessing there's three different sources for your HTPC build, the R-Pi build, and the XIOS/Android build. You'll have to wait for the R-Pi and Android builds to catch up to the 68 DB version in order for all three machines to share the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mysql/database help0