On-Demand vs Pay-TV
Lightbulb 
I am a long-time XBMC user - movies/tv on demand is amazing however I wouldn't mind implementing a HTPC from another angle.. if I had a choice between on-demand and Pay-TV, I'd pick on-demand; however having both would be advantageous.

I would really love a system that allows you to...
- Create your own channels (eg The Comedy Channel)
- Add TV shows to that channel (eg Family Guy) (Episodes randomized - yes/no)
- System builds schedule/guide perhaps based on user specified variables (eg Friends, Big Bang Theory to be played prime time ... Dexter, Sex & City 10pm +)

(*sourcing local media content)

Obviously there is quite a bit of logic that would need to be hashed out in putting such mock pay-tv system together (eg If the channel is changed, the appropriate TV episode is played at the appropriate point of time in the clip according to the schedule?... restarting episode) and from what I can tell, no such software/application exists.

I definitely see this as a benefit... More often than not, I just want to turn on the TV and watch whatever is on offer, even if it is a Family Guy or Simpsons re-run... as opposed to picking a TV show/season/episode. My family hardly uses our HTPC unless they know they specifically want to watch an episode that's recently come out. I'm sure if they could cycle through channels I have set up, they would stumble across things they like. It kills me that they sit in front of free-to-air every night watching lame/mind numbing reality shows they don't even really like when there is over 5tb of watchable content on offer!

What are people's thoughts on this?
Look into Pseudo-TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On-Demand vs Pay-TV0