Airplay broken for me
I have setup 2 instances of xbmc on 2 windows 7 machines. Both are Eden and downloaded from the release page.

Airplay Icon works on my ipad, but never makes it to the xbmc.

I have tried tethering wireless through my phone, and through my home network (DDWRT) both with the same results... ipad sees both instances of xbmc, but will neither will pull up audio or video. I have tried through all different programs on my ipad.. port forwarded 6002 on both machines, checked firewall settings, checked multicasting settings on the ddwrt, etc... I cant find any more info here and I want this to work so bad!

Server is checked in the settings, I have tried with pw, without, and blank. no change.

here is my log on the new xbmc install

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6222

TIA.
You forwarded a port?

1. On Windows in XBMC Eden only airplaying video and picture is supported (music was added later)
2. When you see the airplay icon on your ipad you should be able to use youtube, videos and pictures app at the very least to show the content on the particular xbmc mashine
3. Airplay between XBMC instances is not supported (nore is this stated anywhere...)
4. Airplay vor Video/Pictures is listening on port 36667 not 6002
5. You need to have all devices in the same subnet - then multicast should get through it automatically
6. If you need to "forward" ports - something is not right in your network
7. Blank the password and disable it.

Hope this clarification will get you going. As of your logfile the airplay server is started normally
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I forwarded the port in windows 7 firewall. Not the router

Everything is on the same s-net.

I tried the newest nightly build and it will pass audio when using vlc player from my iPad, but crashes within seconds.

So it seems to be an xbmc problem on this particular windows 7 64bit machine. I do have an xp machine I can try too, but not till later today.

Thanks for the pointers... I'll keep testing it out.
You shouldn't forward a port (forwarding means forwarding to another port or host). You should just open the port in the firewall. Switch off the firewall for a test and see if this is your issue. (and once again - its port 36667 for video/picture).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
You say tomato... A conflict in terms is all.

I opened port 36667 and 6002 as I read somewhere that 6002 was relevant.

After some more testing, AirPlay works on the nightly build with YouTube no problem. It will stream audio through the music app but it is very buggy and crashes constantly.

So I'm guessing vlc player, amazon streaming, music player and Netflix are not compatible with the current build of xbmc. Is there a better build of a nightly that I should use? I'm worried that if I run this on my main htpc it will cause issues. I am already having issues with a skin, but it's because it hasnt been updated in a while.

As always I will keep testing and post my results.

Any idea why netflix or vlc wont pass video?

here is a log from a vlc crash (no video just delayed audio)

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6274
I wasn't even aware that vlc or netflix are able to stream stuff via airplay. So you are saying you try to stream a movie from vlc to xbmc?

For the airtunes (streaming music) there is a known freeze (hang up) when using wasapi audio output. In that case you have to switch to the directsound output in system->settings->audio

This last log doesn't show anything trying to send a movie. Only audio. There are some apps (even on ios itself) which only pass the audio. For example most video sites you visit with ios safari will only pass audio.

AirPlay has more limitations then you think...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay broken for me 0