Keyboard shortcut to custom folder in Eden
Would appreciate it if someone could tell me the activatewindow command to go directly to a custom folder with a single keypress. This worked perfectly in Dharma and works just fine when going to music sources, but video sources are an entirely different matter.
The best I can do is getting to "Videos - Files" while i would like to go to "Videos - Files - Movies". Since library mode is practically useless with the changes in Eden, I really would love to get this to work, but so far after countless tries I cannot seem to figure out how it's done.
Why is library mode useless if i may ask?
Did you set your movies folder as source?
Did you scan in all your movies?
Do they show up in the library?
What skin do you use?

And did you want to go to a folder on your OS called movies?
Or did you want to go to the movies (library)?

Since that is the short answer:
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)

The long answer will depend on what i asked.
But it would be something like:
ActivateWindow(####, path)
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
It's unusable with all the duplicate episode/movie issues as you surely have seen here on the forums, but that's beside the point here.
Sources are fine, everythings scanned, everything shows in library (a bit too many times too) and i use Confluence.

And i don't wanna go to a folder called movies, but the source as seen in videos/files. I have other sources there that I'd like to make a keyboard shortcut to as well. All sources show there and I have tried almost all possible Activatewindow paths that might work, but haven't been able to go past files. Somehow if I try to make the keyboard shortcut go beyond that, it just takes me to videos/files and no further.
The only time that should happen is if you have more than one source pointing to the same file. XBMC will scan the file for every source, thus causing it to show up twice (or for however many there is a source set).
Just a folder on your OS is a source in the videos tab. And you will need something like:
ActivateWindow(10025,C:\\Videos\\)

But i suggest you have a look at your sources, because something is not right.
I'll see if i can find something when i get back.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
That's just the thing, all these issues only appear in library mode, not when i enter my sources through file mode. And the problem with some of my sources I would like to make a shortcut to is that there are 2 different paths to same source from 2 different hard drives.
But when I enter file mode, all my sources show there. Is there a way at all then to make a keyboard shortcut to them, or does it only work with separate folders?

It all worked just fine in Dharma, but now I can't figure out if it's me that's just stupid or has this feature been disabled in Eden?
Well i checked, and the following works for me. This as you know goes in keyboard.xml

You want to go to Videos > Files > Movies, right?
And the (movie) files that would be in that location are on an (external) hard drive, right?

So in this example we call that drive Z:\
And in this example our movies folder is in the downloads folder.

Then the keyboard shortcut will look like this:
<F2>ActivateWindow(10025,Z:\downloads\movies)</F2>

Replace F2 with whatever button you want to use.
Change the path (C:\downloads\films\folder) to where your movies are

==========================================================================

Now, that does not solve your library problem yet. But lets keep them separate. .

Check the folders you used as sources on both drives.
Make sure the folders don't have the same name.

Go into xbmc. Go to Videos > Files.
Delete/remove all your sources without removing the content. So:

Remove source. Are you sure -> Yes.
Do you want to remove all items within this path -> NO

Add your source(s) back into xbmc again. Give them a different name then the folder they are in.
So if your folder is called movies, call your source MyMovies or something.

Update and clean the library.

Still have doubles? Post a log of you trying to play both files (doubles).
So we can see the paths it is trying to use.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
After some rearranging of files on my harddrives that worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the help and patience.
Still wondering a bit on the fact if there's a possibility to go to sources in the same manner and not just single folders, but that's not important anymore.

There are also some other issues with library mode than double episodes and movies that won't stack that I find irritating (which can be due to some unwillingness to adapt to chances Smile), but now I won't have to worry about those anymore.

Thanks once again.
Glad you got the library part sorted. I thought you had a problem making the folder link work. But indeed if your sources don't share a common path, you can't really link to all files at once. Thats why the library is there. There should be coming some better ways of doing all this in the next version (Frodo).
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard shortcut to custom folder in Eden0