PicoPSU: Any cables/adapters I need?
So I bought this picoPSU-160-XT + 192W. I've read a lot here and on other forums that PicoPSUs often require additional cables or adapters. Can you tell me what cables or adapters I would need?
You may need a Y-adapter cable if you need power for more than one SATA or PATA drive.
SATA Y-splitter power cable
PATA (IDE) Y-splitter power cable
Thanks, I obviously forgot to mention the hardware I will use. So at the moment, I am not going to use much more than a MB, CPU, CPU cooler, and SSD. Maybe a WD Green 2TB, but that currently sits in a disk enclosure, so I might as well just leave it there since it's for data only anyways. A BluRay drive will be added later, too.

I already have this DELOCK Adapter Power SATA HDD2x zu 4Pin-St 10cm
If you are only going to have two SATA devices (SSD and BluRay), you could use an IDE-to-SATA power cable instead of a Y-adapter. This way, you won't have the PATA/IDE connector just dangling around unused and there will be less cable clutter inside the case.
(2012-08-16, 09:04)jaochoo Wrote: I already have this DELOCK Adapter Power SATA HDD2x zu 4Pin-St 10cm
That will work! No additional cables necessary if you will only have two SATA drives.
There's an extra SATA/PATA power header on the 160-XT. You need the special cable for it like this: http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-150-XT-p...sion-cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PicoPSU: Any cables/adapters I need?0