Win VNC Remote to virtual screen
This has been doing my head in, and i'm afraid Google hasn't been my friend. I have created a HTPC for use in the lounge room. This is working great with XBMC and a windows MCE remote, very easy to use and fluid, absolutly love it. Now the only thing that is now missing is I would like to use the computer in the background via VNC while watching a movie or show without it displaying on the TV, easier said than done. Only need to transfer files, mainly occationally use VirtualDub.

My thoughts were to use a second screen, but unless there is a dual screen attached it wont let me do this. The motherboard is a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-M with an i3 processor connected by HDMI onboard graphics, nothing too special but does an excellent job.

I have looked at ZoneScreen but it doesnt really do what I want.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Ok, no takers, fortunately I found managed to get this to work. To be perfectly honest, I am a little surprised it worked.

Firstly I used UltraVNC which is freeware and followed this guide
http://www.ngineer.net/technology/using-...ws-laptop/

This enabled me to bring up the second screen option in windows display properties

I have set XBMC to the second screen, and tuned off True full screen. I understand this may cause a few problems with displaying some videos, but no problems yet.

Now we are able to sue the primary screen for working and the second screen is unaffected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNC Remote to virtual screen0