Video info: audio&subtitle language
I'm a newcomer to the XBMC and even though had to fight my way to set it up to meet my taste so far so good.

This one however I can't find anywhere:
can you somehow add/scrape audio and/or subtitle language information for your videos? I'm putting all my movies into mkv containers where I fill in the language info so I mean of course already existing information Smile
Best it'd be if I could sort based on audio/subtitle language, or at least when showing up movie info panel, there it'd show.

I already noticed the DB is based on SQLlite where I have some basic knowledge, would the app support customizing the database? But I guess this only is not enough right?

Hope this is no duplicate
Thanks in advance
CC
Yes, it gets the information from mkv-files (and others I think), then it depands on the skin if it's used or not.

I'm not sure if the skins uses the information from the database or if they uses tags from the filename, you'll need to look in to that.

They are in ListItem.AudioLanguage and ListItem.SubtitleLanguage if you wan't to try to modify your skin.
Hey, thanks a lot, will check definitely!
ok, with only these 2 words I was able to do better search and yes there are some topx already.. sorry Smile
but for the newbies who'd find themselves here some quick tutor so they don't need to dig like I had to as I wasn't aware how XBMC is built (except that on SQL)

1. you'll need to cutomize the view with labels (subtitle and language are scraped already from file (if applicable I guess)
2. to achieve this, edit the skin's video view XML (my one was ViewsVideoLibrary.XML)
3. look for the viewname; add/remove/edit already configed labels and parameters as desired - using common sense and the very good wikipedia

at the moment I'M pretty sad it shows only 1 language and 1 subtitle even if I have more... need to look further

but thanks again for the help
ok, got a workaround for the multiple audio/subtitle but on long term it's not a real solution, but here you go:

in the MyVideos60.db SQL database the following tables will interest you:
movie and streamdetails
here's a simple query to view the details:

select * from streamdetails as sdt
left join movie as mv on sdt.idfile=mv.idfile

!!!!! _warning_ !!!! if you change all the streaminfo within one movie/type you won't be able to change back as you'll loose unique identifying(which is the language - audio has the channel number but that may or may not be the same for different streams)
!!!!! be sure to backup !!!!!!!

now you see details of your movies in full, you can see that for each of your movies all streams are separate records; istreamtype 0=movie; 1=audio; 2=subtitle
as you would see audiostreams and videostreams do not have unique identifier, it seems to me that the first one is shown when u use the label described above

if you change the right value it will be displayed, just to make sure I changed all values for the streams, aka I had subtitle 'hun' and 'eng', changed both entry to 'hun,eng'
here is a sample query to change:
update streamdetails
set strsubtitlelanguage='hun,eng'
where idfile='371' and istreamtype='2'

as you can see for the movie with id 371 all streamtype 2 (subtitle) records were replaced with new info

I'm not sure if updating will re-set these values, and of course this is pretty messy to do it manually for all new movies but at least doable

XBMC big+ never crashed during playin' around and makin' mistakes Big Grin

but I think I'm gonna try to suggest the devs they update the listitem.subtitle/audiolanguage label function if possoble

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video info: audio&subtitle language0