• 14(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
(2013-01-14, 02:47)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 02:21)kricker Wrote: Also the local paths need to defined EXACTLY as they are in Sage. I do believe case matters here, as that is how they are stored in Sage's database file. Confirm your settings by checking your recordings paths inside of Sage.

I just did a quick test and yes you're right that the paths case matters. I'm sure we could improve this in the future, but for now, make sure your SageTV recording path that you specifies has the exact case that is used within SageTV.

Thanks guys. I am unable to work on this until later today as I am at work now. I will set up just the F: Drive. I will also add a video source to see if it will play thru that.

I do have other ways of watching the shows with Plex, but prefer your plugin, just for the wife acceptance factor.
Hey guys,

I think I realized what is going on. I did add the source for the directory d:\videos and they played. I also removed that folder from the plugin and left just the F:\recording folder. That worked. Then in thinking about it, the d:\videos folder is where I store the shows that have had the commercials cut. It is listed in Sagetv as an imported folder and not the recording folder. So, since this plugin doesn't handle imported videos, that has to be the problem, right?
(2013-01-15, 15:18)mzup Wrote: Hey guys,

I think I realized what is going on. I did add the source for the directory d:\videos and they played. I also removed that folder from the plugin and left just the F:\recording folder. That worked. Then in thinking about it, the d:\videos folder is where I store the shows that have had the commercials cut. It is listed in Sagetv as an imported folder and not the recording folder. So, since this plugin doesn't handle imported videos, that has to be the problem, right?

Makes sense. You're right... this addon should be only used for access/managing/playing your recordings... not your imported videos. Imported videos should be imported through XBMC's native functionality and managed in that manner. In a perfect world they would be together in the same interface, but this addon is really a stopgap for now to access SageTV content until the XBMC PVR capability matures over time.
(2013-01-15, 15:26)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 15:18)mzup Wrote: Hey guys,

Makes sense. You're right... this addon should be only used for access/managing/playing your recordings... not your imported videos. Imported videos should be imported through XBMC's native functionality and managed in that manner. In a perfect world they would be together in the same interface, but this addon is really a stopgap for now to access SageTV content until the XBMC PVR capability matures over time.

Thanks for your help. Just needed someone else's brain power to figure it out.
Thanks for developing this.....works great for me. :-)

Greetings! I'm a long time SageTV user. My 2 HD200 boxes are starting to fail and I'm hoping to build an XBMC-based controller using the Sage add-on to continue forward. I've just started to experiment with XBMC. Before building a small box, I'm trying to make sure it will work on my main PC running the Sage server and a laptop connected to the WiFi network. I've managed to install XBMC on my Win7 systems. I've installed the Sage add-on with all of the most recent dependencies as described on Sage, configured to the appropriate ip address and port used by the Sage server. Despite the fact that XBMC reports the most recent add-on v. 1.4.7, and the most recent xbmc.js file (2/2/13) is installed in the appropriate directory, I get the message: "Error, Script Failed! plugin.video.sagetv". I checked the xbmc.js file with a text reader and noticed that near the top, there's a line referencing the version as 1.4.2, instead of 1.4.7. I tried three different repository zip downloads, each of which appear to contain the same 7kB file dated 2/2/13. No luck with any of them. I did notice that one time on each system after executing the Sage selection on XBMC, while the "Working..." wheel was spinning, I received a message that the "Artist Scraper" had been updated. Please advise!
How did you first install it? Via zip or via xbmcs Official add-on repository
I used the official add-on repository, under the 'Services' option. By the way, I am using the Frodo version of XBMC.
ServicesHuh

You should go to System\Add-ons\Get Add-ons\XBMC.org Add-ons\Video Add-ons

The most current version of the Add-on is 1.4.7. The most currect version of the xbmc.js file is 1.4.2 as stated on that line.

"Artists scraper" being updated has nothing to do with this add-on. It was just an auto update of that particular add-on happening.

You'll need to post your XBMC log for us to see what is going on. Put it on pastebin and link it here.
Sorry, I did install via System\Settings\Add-ons, etc.
Here's the link:
http://pastebin.com/jB0gJdEU
Thanks for your help!
(2013-02-20, 02:18)crw190 Wrote: Sorry, I did install via System\Settings\Add-ons, etc.
Here's the link:
http://pastebin.com/jB0gJdEU
Thanks for your help!

It looks like it can't connect to your sagetv server. It's using the URL below:

http://imbermj:[email protected]:310...coder=json

Can you open that in your web browser and let me know what happens?
I just get the message 'Connecting' with the spinning green circle, interminably. The ip address and port number are from the Sage Setup\Detailed Setup\Server\Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection
(2013-02-20, 06:28)crw190 Wrote: I just get the message 'Connecting' with the spinning green circle, interminably. The ip address and port number are from the Sage Setup\Detailed Setup\Server\Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection

The ip and port needs to be your SageTV server. Place shifter has nothing to do with this.
(2013-02-20, 13:14)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 06:28)crw190 Wrote: I just get the message 'Connecting' with the spinning green circle, interminably. The ip address and port number are from the Sage Setup\Detailed Setup\Server\Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection

The ip and port needs to be your SageTV server. Place shifter has nothing to do with this.

I had assigned the jetty web server the same port number as I had obtained above, i.e. 31099. I changed the jetty port in both XBMC and Sage to 8080 and now I have access to the Sage recordings, but no sound!
(2013-02-20, 14:46)crw190 Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 13:14)LehighBri Wrote:

I had assigned the jetty web server the same port number as I had obtained above, i.e. 31099. I changed the jetty port in both XBMC and Sage to 8080 and now I have access to the Sage recordings, but no sound!

Sound fixed. Needed to make an adjustment in Settings/System/Audio Output.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2