Unable to connect to TVDB remote server
Well after forcing a refresh of the tvdb scraper it seems to use more time scanning trough my shows.
However it doesn't actually add any new shows to the library. I know for a fact that i have at least 20 new episodes...

Guess it's back to oldschool files browser instead of library Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Scraper updated to 1.5.2 all I did after was set all my tv show source content to none > Say no to removing content from lib>Set content back to TVDB>SAy yes on refresh... Now I have to double check new stuff gets added cause all the new ones on the refresh were picked up.

Hope that helps @ The-Boxhead
uNi
Nope, New tvdb scar[er 1.5.2 fully refreshed TV serves and adding new episodes fails 100% it works if I select the episodes one by one and pull info on them, clearly this is not the way to do it.

Sad damm the robots in sky!
Yup, Uni, i had the exact same result as you - still empty after doing that Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
The fix is up on SourceForge.

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...73241e119f

I have applied it and it is working for me - I just added 3 new episodes and it found all three.
The errors have stopped in all applications using tvdb for me. Anyone else?
yeah, seems like the issue has been resolved.
Just did a db update and suddenly everything got added to the library Smile
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
indeed ... put a few fake eps in there to quickly see, and everything got scraped properly.
One thing I read on the thetvdb forum, where someone said the following :

"Looking at the painstakingly slow results using the "updated" XBMC TV API plugin it is fair to assume that you should remain using the canonical http://www.thetvdb.com (the A record does not seem to be load balanced in the CDN). People using XBMC can rollback to version 1.5.1 to get some performance again."

Haven't rolled back yet myself since I found no problem with the speed.
I haven't seen any noticeable speed drop either, but if there are widespread reports, I'll push a partial revert (will need to leave in the backwards-compatibility edit).
Since using the 1.52 update it seems to scan new episodes within an existing series great and refreshing the information for very large series seems every bit as fast and responsive - and works.

Thanks Smile
Haven't noticed any performance problems on my side either.

Doing a pingtest against www.thetvdb.com (74ms) and thetvdb.com (64ms) doesent show any problems to me.
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
(2013-03-09, 11:00)Saner Wrote: Never used this before (mega), but for those in doubt this works, just tested it.

overright existing file.

tvdb.xml (20 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!pl9xgTJB!USl2uhFlFG...6teF-r0xpM

that link is dead and editing the database file is a bit tricky for me.
could anyone please post/upload the edited xml & database file please as I am struggling with this.
thanks
This is an old thread. You shouldn't need to do any of that now.

Any issues you currently have are unlikely to be connected to this.
hmmm i m really flummoxed then.. there is just 1 TV show " horrible histories" shared from a network SMB which is not showing up any new epiosdes , they are showing up in the main HTPC correctly and have relevant nfo's etc etc
Hi guys, not sure whats going on... I am getting the "cannot connect to remote server whenever I try to update my TV show information.

I can navigate there with my web browser, and the movie scraper seems to be working fine... Not sure whats going on...

I created this log file for you guys to check out, I hope it helps!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34157 (line 416 is where I think the problem starts... But I really have no idea!)

Thanks!

damomarco

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to TVDB remote server0