Win Lost my movie info?
Hi guys, I have just made the switch from Win MC 7 to XBMC 11. My problem is that my initial movie scan with The MovieDB scraper didn't display thumbs/poster & fan art for around 20% of my movies so I decided to try another scan with IMDb. Now that scan has completed, it is only displaying 3 of 489 movies in the Video section.

Could you guys please advise how can I resolve this & get back the original data without losing the info that I already have if it's not already too late?

If I do have to start over again, what would be the most user friendly Movies & TV scaper add-ons to use?
Use Universal scraper. It uses information from imdb, tmdb etc.
For movies: Universal scraper

For TV: Thetvdb scraper
Your scraper returning almost no results is indicative of not so much a scraping issue, but just a general naming problem throughout. Pick up theRenamer.com its a simple drag & drop utility that uses the IMDB and TVdb as references... and renames the files to standard with the (year) and throws it inside a folder of the same name.... just like XBMC likes. Scraping after that will be 100% because it uses the same scrapers!
(2012-09-01, 17:24)baijuxavior Wrote: Use Universal scraper. It uses information from imdb, tmdb etc.

(2012-09-01, 17:41)gabbott Wrote: For movies: Universal scraper

For TV: Thetvdb scraper

(2012-09-01, 19:09)PatK Wrote: Your scraper returning almost no results is indicative of not so much a scraping issue, but just a general naming problem throughout. Pick up theRenamer.com its a simple drag & drop utility that uses the IMDB and TVdb as references... and renames the files to standard with the (year) and throws it inside a folder of the same name.... just like XBMC likes. Scraping after that will be 100% because it uses the same scrapers!

ok, I'll try the Scapers you've suggested & renamer for the one's that aren't being picked up.

Some of the films have been picked up but contain the wrong info...is it possible to re-edit or change the scape info?
How the movies are stored? Put the movies in individual folders with folder name as moviename (year).
(2012-09-03, 15:39)baijuxavior Wrote: How the movies are stored? Put the movies in individual folders with folder name as moviename (year).

Yes they are all stored in separate folders but unfortunately not all of the folders contain the year nor do all the file names actually match the folder name.

Quote:Some of the films have been picked up but contain the wrong info...is it possible to re-edit or change the scape info?
The reason it scrapped wrong info is the naming, it see the file as something else (perfect candidate for theRenamer) with the cover of the re-edit in focus, bring up the information screen and 'Refresh', you will have options at that point to rescrape.
(2012-09-01, 19:09)PatK Wrote: Your scraper returning almost no results is indicative of not so much a scraping issue, but just a general naming problem throughout. Pick up theRenamer.com its a simple drag & drop utility that uses the IMDB and TVdb as references... and renames the files to standard with the (year) and throws it inside a folder of the same name.... just like XBMC likes. Scraping after that will be 100% because it uses the same scrapers!

(2012-09-03, 15:39)baijuxavior Wrote: Put the movies in individual folders with folder name as moviename (year).

This. Try doing these recommendations before your next scrape, and then see how things go. theRenamer makes quick work of the file naming process.

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I have just tried the Universal scraper on a few individual files & it has worked so far in identifying movies that MovieDB could not, is it possible to re-scan my Movies folder without losing the data that I already have? or do I have to start over?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost my movie info?0