Yet Another "where's the monthly PPA" thread
Because it has a bug that ruins the experience.
What's the bug?
@pumpkinut
It was this one and this one.

@all
There's no Wake-on-Lan addon it seems - not for the ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba I am running currently.
Is it in the pipeline or was it dropped?
Is there any way to wake up the NAS when I turn on the media player?

Thank you.
Try downloading one of the XBMCfreak ISOs and make a live install with it via Lili or unetbootin. You can run XBMC that way and you get an Audio Engine aka Pre-Frodo build. You can see if that fixes your issues. If it does, you can either use the wsnipex repository to update to a new nightly build, or you can compile your own. Compilation sounds more difficult than it actually is.

Here's a short Howto:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get install git-core make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool libgl1-mesa-glx libva-utils libx11-6 libva-glx1 libva-x11-1 vainfo libva1 libva-dev nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev
sudo apt-get install autopoint libltdl-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

sudo su -- root
cd $HOME
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc
cd xbmc
service lightdm stop
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-crystalhd  --enable-vaapi
make
make install prefix=/usr
service lightdm start

To Update:
sudo su - root
cd $HOME/xbmc
make distclean
git reset --hard
git clean -xfd
git pull --rebase
service lightdm stop
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-crystalhd --enable-vaapi
make
make install prefix=/usr
service lightdm start

$ make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc

sudo apt-get install subversion make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libwavpack-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs
@pumkinut
The one I have right now (minimal 12.04 x86 ISO+wsnipex PPA+nvidia 302.11 driver) seems to be working so far without issues.
So, for now, I'll stick with it.
I'll stash this info however for future reference.
Thank you!
NP
as for wake on LAN: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=autofs
(2012-09-11, 07:04)wsnipex Wrote: as for wake on LAN: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=autofs

Thanks, checking.

(2011-12-30, 12:29)bryanchicken Wrote: I have managed to get a working solution where the server/NAS is woken only when playback of a file on the server is requested (or if you 'update library'). No source code changes or compiling needed.
Perfect.
thx for tips

I try to compile for last 2-3 days.
Everything goes fine but my builds does not produce xbmc.bin to run.
I do all regular steps to compile from git source.
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-crystalhd --enable-vaapi
But after make -j2 (no errors) i have no xbmc.bin to run and/or install

What am I missing?
thx
there must be an error in your compile. run make (no -j2) and check the output.
Thx wsnipex , I found it following your advice.
Problem is with taglib library.
I could not get ./configure to run correctly (complains about taglib) so I download taglib1.8 from here http://taglib.github.com/ compile and install it.
Configure script stop complaining but thats where make stops.

Code:
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLoaderTagLib.cpp:126: undefined reference to `TagLib::Ogg::FLAC::File::File(TagLib::IOStream*, bool, TagLib::AudioProperties::ReadStyle)'
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLoaderTagLib.cpp:130: undefined reference to `TagLib::Vorbis::File::File(TagLib::IOStream*, bool, TagLib::AudioProperties::ReadStyle)'
xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a(TagLibVFSStream.o): In function `~TagLibVFSStream':
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:60: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::~IOStream()'
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:60: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::~IOStream()'
xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a(TagLibVFSStream.o): In function `TagLibVFSStream':
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:41: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::IOStream()'
/home/mp/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:41: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::~IOStream()'
xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a(TagLibVFSStream.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN10MUSIC_INFO15TagLibVFSStreamE[typeinfo for MUSIC_INFO::TagLibVFSStream]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for TagLib::IOStream'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

Any advice on how to solve this taglib issue?
thx

OK , I got it Smile RTFM Smile
from README.ubuntu (reading README.linux is not good enough)

Code:
We currently need a version of taglib that has not been packaged yet. We supply a Makefile in
lib/taglib to make it easy to install into /usr/local until it is available in apt.

# make -C lib/taglib
   # sudo make -C lib/taglib install

Unless you are proficient with how linux libraries and versions work, do not
try to provide it yourself.

Will report back when it works.
Taglib issue is solved. In addition to compiling it from XBMC supplied Makefile I had to remove all other instances of taglib previousy installed by the system.
Comilation still did not go through because of some mesa libraries that were not linked correctly.
This required reinstallation of mesa libs.
Finally XBMC compiled !
Reinstallation of mesa libs brakes nvidia driver installation so that needed to be reinstalled also.

Finally I am happy user of best media center.
And my HD DD/DTS leds show up on the receiver Smile
Not that I can hear any difference but it just puts smile on my face Smile
Multichannel FLACs play flawlessly.
Thx for support !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another "where's the monthly PPA" thread0